The Rolling Stones lined up a bunch of big-name guests for their “One More Shot” pay-per-view concert on Saturday night, ranging from twenty-something superstar Lady Gaga to sixty-something legend Bruce Springsteen. But the biggest reaction from the crowd went to the guest with the least celebrity power: the band’s former guitar player Mick Taylor.
Rolling Stones fans across the country are hoping that the band’s “50 And Counting” tour will extend to more dates in 2013. But as of now, their U.S. dates are limited to this past Saturday’s concert at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center, and this week’s shows at the Prudential Center in New Jersey. So if you can’t make it to the New York area for the shows (or you can’t afford the ticket prices, which are now well into the thousands of dollars), here are a few live Stones albums you can rock for a lot less money.
Last night, their guests were Eric Clapton (for a cover of Muddy Waters’ “Champagne And Reefer”) and Florence Welch, of the British band Florence & The Machine, for “Gimme Shelter.”
Last night (November 25), The Rolling Stones played their first arena concert in six years at England’s O2 Arena. The band played a two-hour-plus set, spanning their 50 year career.
After months of anticipation, on November 15 HBO premiered “Crossfire Hurricane,” the much-talked about documentary about The Rolling Stones. CBS Local spoke to the film’s director, Brett Morgen, about the access he got to all of the living Rolling Stones — Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood, as well as former members Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor — and the perks to getting access to their vaults.
In stores this week is GRRR!, a career-spanning greatest hits set by The Rolling Stones. There are several versions of the collection available, including the 80-track “Super Deluxe” version. But with 50 years under their collective belt, even 80 songs doesn’t seem enough. Here, we suggest a couple of other great Stones songs that could make it an even 100 (and there’d still be songs missing).
At their two Paris gigs, the Stones stuck with some of the classics: “It’s Only Rock and Roll (But I Like It),” “Miss You,” “Tumbling Dice,” “Start Me Up,” “Midnight Rambler,” “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” and “Brown Sugar” all made both shows, as did their new song “Doom and Gloom.” Last night’s gig added some other deep cuts, including “All Down The Line” from 1972′s Exile On Main Street, and “You Got Me Rockin’” from 1994′s Voodoo Lounge. But we have some requests for the band when they hit the arenas.
The Rolling Stones are celebrating their 50th anniversary with a photo book, HBO documentary and what everyone was hoping for; reunion shows. The band recently spoke with Rolling Stone magazine about the anniversary and upcoming shows for a feature that will be published in the November 8th issue. Before you get your hands on it and sit down for a lengthy read, here are five points you need to know about.
The Rolling Stones have two new songs, and they’ll be available on a new collection called “GRRR!,” due out on November 13. “Gloom And Doom” and “One Last Shot” were recorded at their recent sessions in Paris, France.
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Mick Taylor[/lastfm], guitarist with the [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Rolling Stones[/lastfm] from 1969-1974, is planning to write a “truthful” book about his time with the band, including the personal reasons why he left the group.
- Behind The Scenes At K-EARTH... Lisa Stanley Honored At The... Remembering Ray Manzarek:... Highlights Of The 2013...
- John Mayer Jams With The... Red Carpet Photos From 'Star... Jim Carson's Mike Thompson RV... Virtual Tour Inside Sweden's...
- The Rolling Stones Rock The... K-EARTH 101 Cinco de Mayo... Frankie Valli Visits The... K-EARTH 101's "Shotgun Tom"...
- Sneak Peek At Shotgun Tom... Jim Carson's Mike Thompson RV... K-EARTH 101's 2013 Earth Day... Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame...
- Jose Canseco Posts On Twitter Name, Photo, Workplace Of Woman In Sex Assault Case: cbsloc.al/124mpk1 6 hours ago
- How expensive is it to 'lasso' an asteroid? Apparently, very. cbsloc.al/133oHeO 8 hours ago
- Love to hike? check out the best spots in LA to hike with your dog! cbsloc.al/10RR5xs 9 hours ago
- Another former child star out of control! Amanda Bynes Arrested for Tossing Bong Out NYC Apt. Window: cbsloc.al/171dGRf 10 hours ago
- FDA Regulations Change Sun Screen Packaging - cbsloc.al/10SE5Mf 11 hours ago