Today’s the day that Marvel fans have been waiting for (at least since the release of last year’s The Avengers) - Iron Man 3 is now in theaters. The main cast members are back - Robert Downey Jr. […]
Last night’s Super Bowl Halftime show – Beyonce’s tribute to Beyonce – blew up Twitter and possibly caused a power failure at New Orleans’ Superdome. But hey, at least no one flipped the bird or […]
Rock stars are known for getting away with murder, but we’ve rounded up ten of the world’s biggest sonic heroes who’ve found a way of snatching life back from the claws of the Grim Reaper to rock another day.
Tuesday (November 27) marks 70 years since the birth of Jimi Hendrix, the man who changed electric guitar and rock’n'roll forever. For the past few weeks, CBS Local has discussed the man’s impact with musicians who came after him, his peers, and even one of his main inspirations. Everyone felt his influence, whether it was on their guitar playing, or their singing. Some even found a new direction for their life thanks to Jimi.
Kirk Hammett was an early member of Exodus before replacing Dave Mustaine (later of Megadeth) in Metallica. And while the music of the Bay Area thrash metal scene only has a passing resemblance to Hendrix, Hammett has often paid tribute to the man by playing bits of Jimi’s “Little Wing” in his guitar solos.
All-American rock and roll legends Metallica, Stevie Wonder and Neil Young & Crazy Horse topped the bill at this year’s Outside Lands music festival in San Francisco with lots of volume, scores of classic songs and even some good, old-fashioned love.
As Coachella gears up for its second weekend of music-fueled festivities in the middle of the Indio desert, another major California music festival has finally unveiled its lineup of artists that’s anchored with a throwback […]
- Remembering Ray Manzarek:... Highlights Of The 2013... John Mayer Jams With The... Red Carpet Photos From 'Star...
- Jim Carson's Mike Thompson RV... Virtual Tour Inside Sweden's... The Rolling Stones Rock The... K-EARTH 101 Cinco de Mayo...
- Frankie Valli Visits The... K-EARTH 101's "Shotgun Tom"... Sneak Peek At Shotgun Tom... Jim Carson's Mike Thompson RV...
- K-EARTH 101's 2013 Earth Day... Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame... La Toya Jackson Visits The... Quincy Jones' Star-Studded...
- We lost a rock and roll legend today. #RIP, Ray Manzarek - bit.ly/163iqFU 8 hours ago
- Still thinking about #Coachella? The fest announces 2014 dates - cbsloc.al/14JZNCc 12 hours ago
- #RIP Doors keyboardist Ray Manzarek - bit.ly/163iqFU 12 hours ago
- .@John_Fogerty tells @CBSThisMorning that a Creedence Clearwater Revival reunion is "a possibility" - bit.ly/16G1s08 12 hours ago
- RT @CBSNews: JUST IN: Keyboardist Ray Manzarek, a founding member of The Doors, has died at 74, his business manager confirms to @CBSNews 12 hours ago