Following the band’s induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Heart will take its show on the road this summer as part of a 31-date U.S. tour. Starting in West Palm Beach, Fla., […]
Clearly, it was a departure for the Kennedy Center Honors. Now in it’s 35th year, the ceremony started out by paying tribute to cultural icons like Fred Astaire, Ella Fitzgerald and Tennessee Williams. In recent years, rock has been represented more and more at this prestigious event, with Paul McCartney, Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, Elton John and Bruce Springsteen all collecting the Kennedy Center medallion. But past ceremonies probably never got as loud as this year’s.
The members of the band dodged questions about their future but seemed to enjoy each other’s company, and took a lot of pride in their performance as captured in the film. Jimmy Page expressed relief that the show went as well as it did, saying the band was “uncomfortable” with their reunion performances at Live Aid (in 1985) and the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary Concert (in 1988).
Given that Grohl is a huge Led Zeppelin fan, we figure that it’s a given that he’ll return to the stage to perform at the Kennedy Center Honors event in December where Zep will be honored, alongside Buddy Guy, David Letterman, Dustin Hoffman and ballerina Natalia Makarova.
After days of counting down to an unspecified event, Led Zeppelin has finally announced on their Facebook page that they will, as rumored, release a live document of their 2007 reunion concert on audio and video. The album and concert film will be titled Celebration Day (although that song was not performed at the concert).
Led Zeppelin has apparently been counting down to some kind of big announcement via a series of posts on their official Facebook page that feature images of numbers (counting down from five to one) and a few cryptic video clips. The countdown started over the weekend, and hit “1″ yesterday, leading fans to have high hopes for some big news today.
Led Zeppelin’s countdown continued today, with the band posting a photo of the number “1″ to their Facebook page. The band have been counting down to something since this weekend, but there’s a lot of speculation as to what the band will do, or announce, when the countdown ends (which will be tomorrow, September 13).
Over the weekend, Led Zeppelin posted cryptic photos of the words “Five” and “Four,” followed by the Roman numeral “III” to their official Facebook page. At first, Zeppelin fans wondered what the significance of “Five” was, until it became clear that the band is counting down to… something.
Over the weekend, Led Zeppelin kicked off a countdown to an unspecified event on their Facebook page. On Saturday, they posted the word “Five” (in the font that the band used on their The Song Remains The Same album cover), leading to a flurry of online speculation: is there a 5 disc box set coming out? Is there a lost album between 1971′s Led Zeppelin (often referred to as “IV”) and the follow-up, 1973′s Houses Of The Holy that would now be seeing the light of day?
- Behind The Scenes At K-EARTH... Lisa Stanley Honored At The... Remembering Ray Manzarek:... Highlights Of The 2013...
- John Mayer Jams With The... Red Carpet Photos From 'Star... Jim Carson's Mike Thompson RV... Virtual Tour Inside Sweden's...
- The Rolling Stones Rock The... K-EARTH 101 Cinco de Mayo... Frankie Valli Visits The... K-EARTH 101's "Shotgun Tom"...
- Sneak Peek At Shotgun Tom... Jim Carson's Mike Thompson RV... K-EARTH 101's 2013 Earth Day... Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame...
- Watch what happens when a TV host eats the 'world's hottest pie' live on air - bit.ly/19ancjN 1 hour ago
- Thanks to @TheRealNimoy for joining us this morn! Listen to his stories on playing Spock & the new #StarTrek here -- bit.ly/10XqcMP 2 hours ago
- Watch: The best moments caught on the Jumbotron - bit.ly/18bJ7Ij 3 hours ago
- Tune in now to hear @TheRealNimoy on @garybryanshow & @LisaKearth to talk abt the new #StarTrek film! bit.ly/VMHbMT 4 hours ago
- 24 hours of @Disneyland has begun! Disneyland Celebrates New ‘Monsters University’ Movie With 24-Hour Party: cbsloc.al/132Rb8C 4 hours ago