Comedian Tom Dreesen has had the pleasure of being the opening act for Frank Sinatra for fourteen years on tour. Now he’s sharing those stories on the road with Sinatra in his acclaimed one man […]
Brian Wilson tips us off about what’s to come, if he has his way: Another new Beach Boys album that “gets the rock’n’roll going,” more tour dates, no more Grammy hullabaloo, and possibly even a Frank Sinatra tribute album.
While Bing and Bowie are perhaps the most famous faces of Christmas – Santa aside – it’s Crosby’s “White Christmas” that best sets the tone for the most wonderful time of year. Last.fm Trends takes […]
There’s a Christmas tree lighting ceremony which takes place every year many don’t know about, unless you live in Los Angeles. It’s the lighting of Capitol Records’ Rooftop Christmas Tree in Hollywood, which was switched […]
K-EARTH 101 hopes you’re having a great 4th of July weekend. To help you remember your Independence Day holidays of the past, from the GOLDEN ERA of Rock ‘n’ Roll, here are the tunes that […]
Considered the very first pop concept album, [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Frank Sinatra[/lastfm]‘s Songs for Young Lovers was his debut on Capitol Records. In keeping with his fresh start on a new label, the cover artwork portrayed Sinatra […]
Howard Kaylan and Mark Volman met in 1962 when they were both in their early high school years. Their friendship became life-long. They formed “The Turtles” and became one of the biggest rock bands in […]
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]The Rat Pack[/lastfm] is back! Along with fedoras, casual suits and speakeasy cocktails, this classic supergroup of crooners is back in style with a new collection: The Very Best of the Rat Pack. [lastfm]Frank […]
It’s late November-early December, 1969. On November 25th, [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]John Lennon[/lastfm] returned his MBE (Member of the British Empire) medal to protest his native country’s involvement in the Viet Nam war. The first draft […]
In the “Did we need a poll to tell us that?” department, a survey of Brits commissioned by Zippo came up with a fairly routine finding: [lastfm]The Beatles[/lastfm] are the most influential band in music’s […]
- Highlights Of The 2013... John Mayer Jams With The... Red Carpet Photos From 'Star... Jim Carson's Mike Thompson RV...
- Virtual Tour Inside Sweden's... The Rolling Stones Rock The... K-EARTH 101 Cinco de Mayo... Frankie Valli Visits The...
- K-EARTH 101's "Shotgun Tom"... Sneak Peek At Shotgun Tom... Jim Carson's Mike Thompson RV... K-EARTH 101's 2013 Earth Day...
- Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame... La Toya Jackson Visits The... Quincy Jones' Star-Studded... Remembering Roger Ebert
- .@John_Fogerty tells @CBSThisMorning that a Creedence Clearwater Revival reunion is "a possibility" - bit.ly/16G1s08 20 minutes ago
- RT @CBSNews: JUST IN: Keyboardist Ray Manzarek, a founding member of The Doors, has died at 74, his business manager confirms to @CBSNews 23 minutes ago
- Listen for the Tix @ 2 song to play this hour for your chance to win Peter Frampton tix at the @GreekTheatreLA! bit.ly/162HFrT 50 minutes ago
- Your guide to events happening in LA this week - cbsloc.al/162Ielq via @CBSLA 1 hour ago
- ‘Undercover Angel’ Singer Alan O’Day Dead At 72 #RIP - cbsloc.al/YUX5cm via @CBSLA 3 hours ago