Talk about being a good sport…just days after sustaining a horrific leg injury (many considering it the worst ever in sports), Kevin Ware of the Louisville Cardinals appeared on Late Night With David Letterman to […]
One night before the Rolling Stones take the stage at the 12.12.12 concert, Mick Jagger visited Late Show With David Letterman to give the Top Ten List. His list included “Nobody wants to hear anything from your new album!” (Advice that Jagger probably doesn’t take too seriously: both of the band’s new songs, “Doom And Gloom” and “One More Shot” have made the band’s setlist at their recent shows.)
The Rolling Stones have been added to New York City’s 12.12.12 concert taking place next week (on, as it’s name suggests, December 12). Dubbed “The Concert For Sandy Relief,” the show, which takes place at Madison Square Garden, will raise money to help provide assistance to the millions of people throughout the tri-state area who have been affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Letterman was clearly unaware of Page and Jones’ histories as session musicians before they formed Zeppelin, so Plant pointed that they’d both played on a lot of records, and joked that during that time he was working “on the blacktop” and John Bonham was stealing cars. Letterman’s response: “And had you mentioned the part about stealing cars to the Kennedy Center people?”
Clearly, it was a departure for the Kennedy Center Honors. Now in it’s 35th year, the ceremony started out by paying tribute to cultural icons like Fred Astaire, Ella Fitzgerald and Tennessee Williams. In recent years, rock has been represented more and more at this prestigious event, with Paul McCartney, Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, Elton John and Bruce Springsteen all collecting the Kennedy Center medallion. But past ceremonies probably never got as loud as this year’s.
The Robert Plant/Jimmy Page/John Paul Jones “reunion” will last at least one more day: Plant, Page and Jones will be visiting fellow Kennedy Center honoree David Letterman less than 24 hours after The Kennedy Center Honors, as they appear on “Late Show With David Letterman” Monday night.
The show won’t be broadcasted live: an edited version will air on CBS on December 26. But CBS Local will be there, live tweeting the event from Radio.com. We’ll also have a wrap-up after the show is over Sunday night.
Have you ever wondered what the Late Show would be like without any laughter? See some clips from David Letterman’s “silent” show.
Led Zeppelin, Buddy Guy and David Letterman are going to be honored at the 35th Annual Kennedy Center Honors, along with actor Dustin Hoffman and ballerina Natalia Makarova. The ceremony will take place at the Kennedy Center Opera Stage in Washington, D.C. on December 2, and will air on CBS December 26 at 9 pm ET.
Bono and The Edge of [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]U2[/lastfm] are stopping by the Ed Sullivan Theater tonight (July 18) to chat with David Letterman about Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, the big-budget Broadway spectacle for which they […]
- Behind The Scenes At K-EARTH... Lisa Stanley Honored At The... Remembering Ray Manzarek:... Highlights Of The 2013...
- John Mayer Jams With The... Red Carpet Photos From 'Star... Jim Carson's Mike Thompson RV... Virtual Tour Inside Sweden's...
- The Rolling Stones Rock The... K-EARTH 101 Cinco de Mayo... Frankie Valli Visits The... K-EARTH 101's "Shotgun Tom"...
- Sneak Peek At Shotgun Tom... Jim Carson's Mike Thompson RV... K-EARTH 101's 2013 Earth Day... Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame...
- Luckiest high schooler ever? LA Whiz Kid Gets To Take Supermodel To His Prom: cbsloc.al/10tCiu3 18 hours ago
- Shotgun Tom Kelly is broadcasting live from @Disneyland from 3-7 for its 24 hr party! Tune in bit.ly/TwSoTK http://t.co/nYiA7KqZYh 22 hours ago
- Wanna see Peter Frampton at the @GreekTheatreLA?! Listen this hour for the Tix @ 2 song for your chance to win! bit.ly/171JJk6 23 hours ago
- It's a Beatles Block Party weekend! We want to know YOUR fave Fab Four song - vote here: bit.ly/10XWYxo 1 day ago
- Eat a bug to get free admission to Ripley's Believe It Or Not today - cbsloc.al/12BHnSw 1 day ago