For the single folks in the room, Valentine’s Day is just cruel. An entire day that rubs in the fact that you’re alone? No thank you. Take the mushy stuff elsewhere, this is not a […]
Bonnie Raitt had nine GRAMMYS before tonight’s ceremony, and just won her tenth – and first since 1996 – taking the Best Americana Album, in a very strong category. She won against her all-male and […]
Don Was has had some great experiences at the GRAMMY Awards. In 1994, he was named Producer of The Year. That same year, he was the musical director for a tribute to Curtis Mayfield that […]
Bruce Springsteen nabbed three GRAMMY nominations Wednesday night, and the song that bears his name got two more. Meanwhile, “Springsteen” — the song by country singer Eric Church that name drops several Bruce classics — was nominated for Best Country Solo Performance and Best Country Song.
Tonight, at 10 p.m. ET, CBS will broadcast the GRAMMY nomination special. The past year has been a great one for legendary artists putting out albums that hold up to their legacies. Here, we predict which ones will get nods in the big categories.
Clearly, it was a departure for the Kennedy Center Honors. Now in it’s 35th year, the ceremony started out by paying tribute to cultural icons like Fred Astaire, Ella Fitzgerald and Tennessee Williams. In recent years, rock has been represented more and more at this prestigious event, with Paul McCartney, Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, Elton John and Bruce Springsteen all collecting the Kennedy Center medallion. But past ceremonies probably never got as loud as this year’s.
When ’80s pop icons Madonna and Lionel Richie both released new albums on March 5, it was no surprise when the Material Girl topped the charts the following week just ahead of the former Commodores […]
Let’s take a look at this week’s albums, reissues and other musical goodies from classic artists making musical waves yet again.
You wouldn’t necessarily guess it from his voice, which has a rural twang, but [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]John Prine[/lastfm] was born in Maywood, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago, 65 years ago this week. His parents were natives […]
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Bonnie Raitt[/lastfm] recorded “Thing Called Love” in 1988 for her album Nick of Time, which was released early in 1989. The song appeared as the second track after the lead-off title track. The album […]
- Behind The Scenes At K-EARTH... Lisa Stanley Honored At The... Remembering Ray Manzarek:... Highlights Of The 2013...
- John Mayer Jams With The... Red Carpet Photos From 'Star... Jim Carson's Mike Thompson RV... Virtual Tour Inside Sweden's...
- The Rolling Stones Rock The... K-EARTH 101 Cinco de Mayo... Frankie Valli Visits The... K-EARTH 101's "Shotgun Tom"...
- Sneak Peek At Shotgun Tom... Jim Carson's Mike Thompson RV... K-EARTH 101's 2013 Earth Day... Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame...
- Thanks to @TheRealNimoy for joining us this morn! Listen to his stories on playing Spock & the new #StarTrek here -- bit.ly/10XqcMP 22 minutes ago
- Watch: The best moments caught on the Jumbotron - bit.ly/18bJ7Ij 1 hour ago
- Tune in now to hear @TheRealNimoy on @garybryanshow & @LisaKearth to talk abt the new #StarTrek film! bit.ly/VMHbMT 1 hour ago
- 24 hours of @Disneyland has begun! Disneyland Celebrates New ‘Monsters University’ Movie With 24-Hour Party: cbsloc.al/132Rb8C 2 hours ago
- Free Live Music Events In LA This Summer: cbsloc.al/16QpOE9 16 hours ago