Bob Dylan has announced the launch of the AmericanaramA Festival of Music tour, and he’s taking a few choice acts with him across the United States and Canada. (And yes, the last A is supposed […]
Bob Dylan’s prolific career has garnered him 10 Grammy Awards, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the National Medal of Arts, France’s Commandeur des Arts et des Lettres and even a Pulitzer Prize. Now, the rock […]
When The Lumineers attended the GRAMMY Nominations concert last month in Nashville there were a few clues that led them to believe they might receive a nomination. “We were at the nominations ceremony and we […]
As 2012 comes to a close, we’re revisiting the year’s biggest stories through the lens of some of our station’s biggest artists. Status: His voice may not be what it once was, but it’s not […]
Just in time for the holidays, we’re offering brief takes on some of 2012′s best books for music fans. THE BOOK: 101 Essential Rock Records AUTHOR: Jeff Gold, plus essays and “as-told-to” contributions from David […]
“So, here they are siting next to me on a sofa, and Mick was telling me what he wanted in a producer. And Keith was telling me why he didn’t want a producer! And they would not yield the conversation to each other. It might have been ten minutes — it was probably five — but they both talked at the same time and would not yield to the other guy!”
Really, everything you need to know on the subject of love and heartache can be taught by listening to Dylan.
“From the time I was 14, all I wanted to do was play bass for Bob Dylan! And when I became a producer, I thought, ‘If I could produce Bob Dylan, that’d be incredible!’ And then it actually happened. The odds of that happening, man, are like, absurd! But the universe came together, and there I was, with Bob Dylan!”
The theme of this year’s nominations could be taken in a number of ways, but when you look at the contenders up for all-powerful Album of the Year category, one thing is certain: it’s the year of the underdogs and the newcomers.
Tonight, at 10 p.m. ET, CBS will broadcast the GRAMMY nomination special. The past year has been a great one for legendary artists putting out albums that hold up to their legacies. Here, we predict which ones will get nods in the big categories.
- Remembering Ray Manzarek:... Highlights Of The 2013... John Mayer Jams With The... Red Carpet Photos From 'Star...
- Jim Carson's Mike Thompson RV... Virtual Tour Inside Sweden's... The Rolling Stones Rock The... K-EARTH 101 Cinco de Mayo...
- Frankie Valli Visits The... K-EARTH 101's "Shotgun Tom"... Sneak Peek At Shotgun Tom... Jim Carson's Mike Thompson RV...
- K-EARTH 101's 2013 Earth Day... Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame... La Toya Jackson Visits The... Quincy Jones' Star-Studded...
- Toxicology test says no drugs or alcohol found in #Newtown Gunman: cbsloc.al/11Vyyrs 1 hour ago
- Stream Your Favorite Radio Stations Anytime, Anywhere with the new @radiodotcom iPhone & iPad App: apps.radio.com 4 hours ago
- How cool is Zach Galifianakis?! Star takes elderly laundry pal from homeless to #Hangover3 Red Carpet: cbsloc.al/14O2eUa 5 hours ago
- Voters To Choose Next Mayor Of Los Angeles: cbsloc.al/1918b3C 5 hours ago
- Last year, we spoke to Ray Manzarek of @TheDoors about his legacy. Here's the interview: bit.ly/10MwoY0 6 hours ago