LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — President Obama will be in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills Monday and Tuesday and you know what that means.
You would be smart (and advised) to avoid the areas he will be traveling to and from on those days.
Officials Sunday gave locations that will face temporary closures and restrictions during the two-day period.
Police suggest drivers avoid the following areas during these time periods because of expected heavy traffic congestion:
• The area around Sherman Way between Clybourn Avenue and Coldwater Canyon Avenue from 1:30 p.m.- 2:30 p.m. on Monday.
• The Hollywood (170) and Hollywood (101) Freeways from 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. on Monday.
• The area around Highland Avenue between Franklin Avenue and Sunset Boulevard from 1:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. on Monday
• The 101 and San Diego (405) freeways from 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. on Monday.
• The area around Sunset Boulevard between Woodburn and North Palm Drives from 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. on Tuesday.
• The area around Sunset Boulevard between Woodburn and Palm Drives from 10 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. on Tuesday
• The 405 and Santa Monica (10) freeways from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m on Tuesday.
• The area around South Centinela Avenue between Ocean Park and West Pico Boulevards between noon and 1 p.m. on Tuesday.
Police report closures and traffic restrictions will impact some locations which you can see at CBSLA.com.