Update: Paul McCartney uploaded a video to his YouTube page this afternoon (June 24th) with an update on how he’s feeling and details on rescheduled tour dates. Watch below!
After being hospitalized for a viral infection last month, which forced him to postpone a string of European and North American tour dates, we now know Paul McCartney is on the mend and “getting ready to rock” again. This all coming from his former Beatle-mate Ringo Starr, who gave an update on Paul’s health during an exclusive talk with Access Hollywood.
Access Hollywood caught up with Ringo during a showing of his latest artwork at New York’s Soho Contemporary Art Gallery. He tells them that he checked in with Paul after learning about his illness, and says he’s doing much better after resting.
“I spoke to him actually while he was in the hospital,” he said with a laugh. “Not knowing the time, I just sort of dialed and – hello? He picked up and we said hi and he said he’s doing okay.”
He added that since talking to Paul while in the hospital, “he’s out getting fit and getting ready to rock.”
“He’s doing good. I text him and he texts back,” he added. “He was actually out the night before with my wife Barbara and Joe Walsh and Marjorie [Barbara’s] sister and Nancy [Shevelle] and him were all like dinner out, so they all say he’s doing good.”
Since his illness, Paul has postponed shows through June on doctor’s orders. Currently, the tour is scheduled to resume on July 5 in Albany, N.Y. It’ll run all the way to Aug. 14 for the final show in San Francisco’s Candlestick Park, according to Radio.com.
Paul will be performing at Los Angeles’ Dodger Stadium on Aug. 10th.
Watch Ringo’s full interview with Access Hollywood below.