Lisa Stanley Will Race In The Long Beach Grand Prix Pro-Celebrity Race!
Congrats to our very own Lisa Stanley! She has been chosen to participate in this year’s Long Beach Grand Prix Pro / Celebrity Race!
The Grand Prix Association made the announcement yesterday. Here’s the official news release!
The 38th annual charity race will take place April 12 on the 1.97-mile street course in downtown Long Beach, Calif., as part of the 40th Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach weekend.
The field of racers will take to the streets in 210-horsepower Scion FR-S race-prepped cars navigating high speeds and demanding turns to benefit “Racing for Kids,” a national fundraising program supporting children’s hospitals throughout the United States. The announced field of intensely competitive individuals includes:
- Eric Braeden (@EBraeden): Emmy award-winning daytime superstar most recognized as Victor Newman on the popular soap opera “The Young and the Restless.”
- Adrien Brody: Academy award-winning actor for his role in “Pianist.” Most recently seen in “The Grand Budapest Hotel” and Academy Award-winning “Midnight in Paris.”
- Corbin Bleu (@CorbinBleu): Actor, model, dancer, producer and singer-songwriter who performed in the “High School Musical” film series and was the first runner-up in the 2013 Fall season of “Dancing with the Stars.”
- Brett Davern (@BDavv): Actor who stars as Jake Rosati in MTV’s hit series “Awkward.” Other credits include the films “Movie 43” and “Born to Race: Fast Track.”
- Colin Egglesfield (@CEgglesfield): Actor best known for his roles on “Rizzoli & Isles,” “The Client List,” and “Melrose Place,” plus films such as “Open Road,” and “Something Borrowed.”
- Carmelita Jeter (@CarmelitaJeter): American sprinter and three-time Olympic Gold medalist, often dubbed “the fastest woman in the world.”
- Cole Hauser (@ColeHauser): Television and film actor who stars with Johnny Depp in the soon to be released “Transcendence.” “Olympus Has Fallen” and “A Good Day to Die Hard,” are among his other action film credits.
- Tricia Helfer (@TrutriciaHelfer): Actress recently seen in the television show “Killer Women,” she also starred in “Battlestar Galactica” and “Burn Notice.”
- Phil Keoghan (@PhilKeoghan): Emmy award-winning New Zealand-born television personality best known for his role as host of the popular series “Amazing Race.”
- Vanessa Marcil (@VanessaMarcilM): Actress best known for her roles in “General Hospital,” “Beverly Hills, 90210” and “Las Vegas.”
- Brian McKnight (@ItsBMcKnight): Multiple Grammy nominated singer-songwriter, producer and R&B musician.
- Lisa Stanley (@LisaKearth): Entertainment reporter on K-EARTH 101 FM morning show with Gary Bryan. Also featured on TV’s “Hard Copy”.
- Max Thieriot (@MaxThieriot): Actor who currently stars as Dylan Massett on “Bates Motel.” Other credits include the film “House at the End of the Street” and “Catch That Kid.”
- Nick Wechsler (@Nick_Wechsler): Actor seen currently on ABC’s “Revenge” as Jack Porter. He also starred in “Roswell” and had recurring roles on “Without a Trace” and “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.”
- Sam Witwer (@SamWitwer): Portrays vampire Aidan Waite on the North American remake of “Being Human.” He was also seen on “Battlestar Galactica” and “Smallville.”
Pro drivers competing against the stars include former NASCAR racer and FOX personality Kyle Petty, the two-time Indianapolis 500 winner, two-time CART Series Champion and overall winner of the 1985 and 2009 Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race Al Unser Jr. and Rutledge Wood, 2013 Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race celebrity winner, auto racing analyst on Fox Sports 1 and co-host of “Top Gear USA.”