Jim Morrison’s LA Home Furnishings Up For Sale
Doors fans have a chance to own a piece of rock and roll history from the former Los Angeles apartment building where Jim Morrison lived just before his death.
According to Ultimate Classic Rock, the current owner of the apartment building Morrison lived is selling various home furnishings from original bathroom sinks to ‘Doors Dirt’ that “Jim may have walked or sat on, but definitely passed by and looked at!”
The home, located on Norton Ave in West Hollywood, is said to be Morrison last U.S. residence he shared with girlfriend Pamela Courson before his death in 1971. It was purchased by self-claimed “Hollywood Celebrity” Cheri Woods, the ex-wife of pop star Stevie Woods, who has since rented the space out to guests and fans, gave tours and held seances on the grounds.
The Craigslist posting was put up last month and lists various items being sold at “rock bottom prices” that are all original to the 1932 building. But buyer’s beware, all items are sold for their “historical rock ‘n roll memorabilia value” that includes a Certificate of Authenticity, but may not be in working order, the listing notes.
Here’s just a brief overview of some of the interesting and strange items that can be purchased from Morrison’s last known U.S. home. See the complete Craigslist posting here.
- Gold glass antique bulbs from dining room chandelier $20
- kitchen paint chip $5
- Coppertone stove $300
- Garbage disposal removed from the kitchen of Jim’s former home. “Great piece for original artwork!” $50
- Screw from light switch plates. $3 ea.
- Jim Morrison’s garage door paint chips $5
- Shower head $5
- White shabby chic wicker chair $95
- Original tenant keys to front pedestrian gate $10
- Main bedroom closet antique outlet $10