20 Museums In Southern California Offering Free Admission On January 25
By Nadia Noir
If one of your goals for 2014 was to stop wasting your life away in front of Duck Dynasty and The Shahs of Sunset, Los Angeles just made it easy to cultivate some culture instead of crashing out on the cash.
On January 25th, a slew of Los Angeles-area museums will be open free to the public. All you have to do is get in your car, drive there, and enjoy art.
Here’s a list of the participating museums, but you might want to check out the museum websites to see if there’s any special rules. We know that for the Getty Villa you have to reserve your tickets.
- Annenberg Space for Photography
- Armory Center for the Arts
- Autry National Center of the American West
- California African American Museum
- California Science Center
- Fowler Museum at UCLA
- Getty Center
- Getty Villa
- Hammer Museum
- Japanese American National Museum
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Los Angeles Fire Department Museum and Memorial (Hollywood and San Pedro)
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Museum of Latin American Art
- Orange County Museum of Art
- Paley Center for Media
- Pasadena Museum of California Art
- Santa Monica Museum of Art
- USC Pacific Asia Museum