Metal Icons Reinvent Michael Jackson Classics For Tribute Album
Get ready to hear Michael Jackson classics like you’ve never heard them before. Just in time to add to your party playlists this Halloween, superstars of the metal world have joined forces to transform the King of Pop’s hits into headbangers on a new tribute album Thriller – A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson.
The roster includes Danny Worsnop (Asking Alexandria), Chuck Billy (Testament), Elias Soriano (Nonpoint), Lajon Witherspoon (Sevendust), Phil Campbell (Motörhead), the not-especially metal Angelo Moore (Fishbone), Corey Glover (Living Colour) and many more, and brings a heavy hand to Jackson’s hits.
“We made these awesome songs kick ass while still being faithful to the original versions,” former Quiet Riot member Rudy Sarzo said in a press release. “Michael Jackson’s music is synonymous with iconic rockers such as Eddie Van Halen, Steve Stevens and Slash,” all of whom played solos on classic Michael tracks. “So it’s only fitting that the rock community pays tribute to this legendary artist!”
With thrashing guitars, the thundering pulse of double bass drums and guttural growls of the most powerful vocalists in metal, the album finally gives metalheads all over the world a reason to headbang and raise the horns in the air to celebrate one of the biggest icons in popular music.
“I never thought I would hear myself doing a cover of ‘The Way You Make Me Feel,’ but it’s an honor and a dream come true,” said Fishbone’s Angelo Moore. “We put a different twist on it to give it a whole new light, or maybe I should say a whole new dark!”
Thriller – A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson is available now.
See the complete track listing for Thriller – A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson below:
1. “Thriller” – Chuck Billy (Testament)
2. “Man In The Mirror” – Danny Worsnop (Asking Alexandria) & Billy Sheehan (Mr. Big)
3. “The Way You Make Me Feel” – Angelo Moore (Fishbone), Doug Aldrich (Whitesnake), & Rudy Sarzo (Queensrÿche)
4. “Black Or White” – Lajon Witherspoon (Sevendust), Bruce Kulick (ex-KISS), & Tony Franklin (The Firm)
5. “Beat It” – Priya Panda (Diemonds) & Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal (Guns N’ Roses)
6. “Billy Jean” – Corey Glover (Living Colour) & Phil Campbell (Motörhead)
7. “Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)” – Elias Soriano (Nonpoint)
8. “Rock With You” – Doug Pinnick (King’s X)
9. “Dirty Diana” – Chris Jericho (Fozzy)
10. “Bad” – Paul Dianno (ex-Iron Maiden) & Craig Goldy (Dio)
11. “They Don’t Care About Us” – Icarus Witch
12. “Never Can Say Goodbye” – Lonnie Jordan (War)
13. Smooth Criminal – Alien Ant Farm
— Britt Bickel, K-EARTH, Los Angeles