Get ready to feel old; The annual Beloit College Mindset List for the newest class of college freshmen starting school this month has just been released.
The list compiles a list of events, items, people, technology and other references that the class of 2017, who were mostly born in 1995, have never lived through or experienced.
Seems kind of hard to believe this year’s freshmen have only known two presidents in their lifetime, doesn’t it?
Here are some of the highlights from this year’s mindset list:
- Eminem and LL Cool J could show up at parents’ weekend.
- GM means food that is Genetically Modified.
- As they started to crawl, so did the news across the bottom of the television screen.
- “Dude” has never had a negative tone.
- Gaga has never been baby talk.
- A tablet is no longer something you take in the morning.
- They have known only two presidents.
- Their TV screens keep getting smaller as their parents’ screens grow ever larger.
- Their parents’ car CD player is soooooo ancient and embarrassing.
- Washington, D.C., tour buses have never been able to drive in front of the White House.
- They have always been able to plug into USB ports
- In their first 18 years, they have watched the rise and fall of Tiger Woods and Alex Rodriquez.
- With GPS, they have never needed directions to get someplace, just an address.
- Rites of passage have more to do with having their own cell phone and Skype accounts than with getting a driver’s license and car.
How much has the world changed since you graduated high school or were a freshman in college?
To see the complete Mindset list, click here.