To celebrate National Tequila Day today (July 24th) the folks at El Torito gave us a step-by-step guide on how to make our own margaritas at home so we can celebrate right!
Ralph Ortiz, the Director of Beverages at El Torito, gave us a live demonstration on how to make the restaurant’s ‘skinny’ margarita from scratch.
How to make a margarita from scratch:
1. Fill a glass with ice
2. Pour a shot (or desired amount) of 1800 Silver Tequila
3. Add fresh-squeezed lime juice using 1 and 1/2 limes
4. Add a splash of sugar-free simple syrup
5. Shake up the mixture in a shaker glass
6. Pour in a margarita glass and top it off with a splash of French Orange cognac liquor
Listen to the step-by-step instructions in the clip below.