This morning, we’re welcoming three-time Cupcake Wars champs Sweet Arleen’s in studio, and we thought it would be a great idea to ask them to create a custom K-EARTH 101 cupcake inspired after classic songs or bands named after food!
We asked listeners for help to suggest a few songs or groups named after food to serve as the ingredients of the cupcake – listen below to see what they came up with.
Here are a few more ideas below to get the ball rolling – help us add to the list by writing your picks in the comments below!
Songs about food:
- “Cheeseburger In Paradise” — Jimmy Buffett
- “Buttered Popcorn” – The Supremes
- “Brown Sugar” – Rolling Stones
- “Lollipop” – The Chordettes
- “Green Onions” – Booker T & the MGs
- “Honey Pie” – The Beatles
Groups named after food:
- Hot Chocolate — This band can warm you up on a cold night with their funky grooves.
- Cream –The ’60s psychedelic super group made up of Jack Bruce, Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker is regarded as the first successful super groups.
- Bread –This native L.A. band’s music is just like their namesake; slow rising and warm and fluffy on the inside.
- Wild Cherry — They’re wildly famous for their disco-fused number one hit “Play That Funky Music.”
- Strawberry Alarm Clock –The 60s psychedelic rock band hailing from L.A. took their name as an homage to the Beatles’ hit “Strawberry Fields Forever.”
- Peaches & Herb — A classic R&B duo made up of Herb Fame and Francine “Peaches” Hurd Barker, but the role of “Peaches” later rotated to six different women.
- A Taste Of Honey — The 70s disco band made up of Janice Marie Johnson, Hazel Payne
Perry Kibble and Donald Johnson were just as sweet as their name.
Is this post making your mouth water? Click here to see our complete list of classic bands with delicious-sounding names after food!