Fourth Of July 2013: Fireworks & Celebrations Around Los Angeles
The 4th of July means picnics, BBQs, spending time with family and friends, lighting sparklers and of course celebrating America’s independence with a nighttime fireworks display!
There are dozens of events and celebrations happening in the Los Angeles area to mark the 4th – see below for just some of the many 4th of July festivities to choose from!
87th Americafest Celebration at the Rose Bowl
- When: Thursday, July 4; Parking opens at 10 am; food court opens at 2 pm; stadium opens at 6:30 pm; Opening ceremonies begin at 7; Fireworks at 9:05 pm.
- Where: The Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena
- Tickets: $13 & up; www.ticketmaster.com
Now in its 87th year, the Rose Bowl hosts its annual 4th of July celebration with an outdoor festival, a special musical performance from Mariachi Divas & Kenny G, plus the biggest fireworks display in SoCal!
Santa Monica 4th of July Parade
- When: Thursday, July 4, 9:30 am
- Where: 2612 Main Street, Santa Monica
Celebrate the 4th at Santa Monica’s 7th Annual Fourth of July Parade on Main Street, presented by the Ocean Park Association. This year parade’s theme is “Honoring Science & Technology” featuring floats, music, performers and more!
10th Annual Fourth of July Fireworks Extravaganza at Los Angeles Coliseum
- When: Thursday, July 4; event starts at noon; Fireworks at 9 p.m.
- Where: 3939 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90037
- Cost: free
The Bernard C. Parks office presents the 10th Annual Fourth of July Fireworks Extravaganza at the Los Angeles Coliseum with an all day event including food vendors and live entertainment prior to the hour-long fireworks show!
The 4th At Grand Park
- When: Thursday, July 4, Music begins at 3 pm, light show at 9
- Where: All four blocks of Grand Park in downtown Los Angeles 200 N. Grand Avenue, between Grand Avenue and Spring Street.
To mark its year anniversary, the newly opened Grand Park is throwing a block party on the 4th complete with food vendors, music, and a light show!
Josh Groban July 4th Fireworks Spectacular at the Hollywood Bowl
- When: July 2-4th, 7:30 pm
- Where: Hollywood Bowl, 2301 N Highland Ave, Hollywood, CA 90068
- Tickets: http://www.ticketmaster.com
15th annual Fireworks Festival at CBS Studio Center
- Where: CBS Studio Center; 4024 Radford Ave, Studio City, CA 91604
- Time: 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Cost: $20- $100
The Studio City Chamber of Commerce, CBS Studio Center, CBS2/KCAL9 and the Children’s Tumor Foundation will be hosting its 15th annual Fireworks Festival on the CBS Radford lot.
For even more 4th of July celebrations around Los Angeles and surrounding areas, check out the complete guide on CBSLA.com!