LA Celebrates Hitchcock: Movie Classics & Rarities To Screen All Month
The Master of Suspense is returning to the big screen thanks to a citywide celebration of all things Alfred Hitchcock with screenings of the visionary’s classics and rare ‘B’ side movies and television.
Throughout the month of June and into July, L.A.’s indie film houses will screen a number of the movie master’s greatest works for fans to enjoy once again on the big screen.
First up, Cinefamily is holding screenings of B-sides & Rarities of “nearly forgotten Alfred Hitchcock classics” during the month of June. Tickets are $12 or free for all members.
- TV Tuesdays: ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS (Norman Lloyd in person!): Tuesday, June 18th – 7:30pm
- THE WRONG MAN: Friday, June 21st – 7:30pm
- FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT: Saturday, June 22nd – 5:00pm
- THE TROUBLE WITH HARRY: Sunday, June 23rd – 7:00pm
- MARNIE: Tuesday, June 25th – 7:30pm
- YOUNG AND INNOCENT w/ FRENZY: Wednesday, June 26th – 8:00pm
Next, the Academy of Motion Pictures and Arts presents its ‘Hitchcock Showcase’ kicking off with a double feature event ‘Blackmail’ Times Two! on Tuesday, June 18th. The Academy will also screen Hitchcock’s only 3D film Dial ‘M’ For Murder in a special 3D projection on Wednesday, June 19th with an introduction by Oscar-winning visual effects artists Rob Legato.
Both events start at 7:30 p.m. at The Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills – Tickets are $5 general admission/$3 for Academy members and students with a valid ID.
Lastly, LACMA is hosting the ‘Hitchcock 9′ film series in partnership with The Academy, which presents all nine of Hitchcock’s last remaining silent films digitally remastered for the very first time, reports LAist. Screenings will be held at LACMA’s Bing Theater – Tickets are $12 General admission, $9 LACMA members, students, and seniors, $5 Academy and LACMA Film Club members. The series pass is $85.
LACMA’s Hitchcock 9 Schedule:
- The Manxman (1929) on June 27 at 7:30 pm
- The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog (1926) on July 5 at 7:30 pm
- Downhill (1927) on July 5, 2013 at 9:30 pm
- Champagne (1928) on July 6 at 5 pm
- The Ring (1927) on July 6 at 7:30 pm
- The Pleasure Garden (Hitchcock’s 1926 directorial debut at 25) on July 12 at 7:30 pm
- Easy Virtue (1927) on July 12 at 9:30 pm
- The Farmer’s Wife (1928) on July 13 at 5 pm
- Blackmail (1929) on July 13 at 7:30 pm