Weekend Earth Day Activities Around SoCal
In celebration of Earth Day 2013 this Monday, April 22, numerous Earth-friendly activities are taking place all around SoCal.
Get outdoors and celebrate some of the wonderful things this big blue planet has to offer!
- When: Saturday & Sunday, April 20-21
- Where: The Topanga Community Club (1440 North Topanga Canyon Boulevard,Topanga Canyon, CA 90290)
This annual Earth Day gathering at Topanga Community Club Fair Grounds features musical performances, guest speakers, non-profit organizations, complimentary workshops on alternative energy, water conservation, organic food gardening and more!
- When: Saturday, April 20-21 2013; 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Where: Santa Monica Pier Aquarium (1600 Ocean Front Walk Beach level, beneath the carousel at the Santa Monica Pier)
The weekend-long festival includes ocean pollution workshops, arts and crafts, face painting and activities for all ages. Plus, earn free admission to the Santa Monica Aquarium by helping clean up waste along the beach.
- When: 19th Friday 5 p.m. – 12 a.m.; 20th Saturday 2 p.m. -12 a.m.; 21st Sunday 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: 321 E. La Habra Blvd, La Habra
The 4th Annual La Habra Spring Citrus Fair festival kicked off Thursday with its “Good Times” theme packed with rides, shoes, food, great merchandise and more all for FREE! Plus, visit the History Museum “Fabulous Fruit” and Family Exhibit Area to see a display of California’s agricultural heritage.
- When: Sunday, April 21; 10am – 3pm
- Where: Downtown LA to Venice
Bike, run, walk or skate from downtown L.A. all the way to the sea as a 15 mile span of Venice Boulevard closes to make way for CicLAvia! Cruise the open road and explore the city all the way to the beach as you enjoy the sunny outdoors while getting some healthy exercise.
- When: Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sunday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: USC Campus
People all over the city are flocking to the USC Campus for The 18th Annual Festival of Books this weekend. This free event features the writing works of seasoned veterans and up and coming authors, plus panel discussions, music, poetry readings, cooking stage and a children’s area.