Venice Beach Named ‘Best Beach Boardwalk’
Winter’s fading and the days are longer, which for many Southern Californians means it’s time to head to the many beautiful beaches for some fun in the sun!
SoCal’s coastal communities draws in thousands of visitors each year, so it’s not surprising that one of the most popular beach spots was just voted as “Best Beach Boardwalk” in the 2nd Annual Travel Channel Best Beach Awards.
Out of the four nominees in the category, SoCal’s quirky Venice Beach took 48% of the votes to take the title of Best Beach Boardwalk, beating out Ocean City, Maryland; Hollywood, Florida; and Santa Cruz, California.
Now in its second year, the Travel Channel determined the best beaches around the world by organizing the nominees into ten different categories for viewers to vote on.
The best of the best in the different categories include South Beach, Miami, Florida as Best Party Beach; Snorkeling in Hanauma Bay, Oahu as Best Beach For Adventure; Destin, Florida as Best Family Beach; and Matira Beach, Bora Bora, Tahiti named Most Romantic Beach and Best Beach Overall.
To see all the winners of The Best Beaches Awards 2013, visit www.travelchannel.com.
In honor of Venice Beach being voted the Best Beach Boardwalk, we came up with five of our favorite things to do while visiting Venice Beach! Have something else to add to the list? Share it in the comments below.
Five Favorite Things About Venice Beach
- Plenty of outdoor activities to do from bike riding to lifting weights at Muscle Beach
- Grabbing an ice cream cone or eating lunch at the beachside restaurants
- People-watching all the colorful characters roaming the boardwalk
- Browsing the unique arts and crafts sold by local artists
- Many musicians found inspiration there, including The Doors’ Jim Morrison