L.A. Museums ‘Free-For-All’ Weekend
Don’t let the rainy SoCal forecast spoil your plans to get out this weekend, beat the rain by spending some time indoors and soak up the downpour of culture being offered during the Museum Free For All event.
Several L.A. county museums are opening their doors free of charge on January 26 & 27 as part of the eighth annual event that aims to bring more culture and arts to the diverse communities of SoCal.
Many of the museums will be free of charge on both days, with exceptions for specialty exhibits such as LACMA’s Caravaggio and His Legacy and Stanley Kubrick or the new Space Shuttle Endeavour display at the Science Center, which will still require tickets.
But there’s no better time to roam the halls of a museum you’ve always wanted to check out, take the kids to explore and learn about the different cultures, history, and arts L.A. has to offer.
The list of participating museums with free admission as follows (per museumsla.org):
- Annenberg Space for Photography– Both Days
- The Autry – Both Days
- California African American Museum – Both Days
- California Science Center – Both Days
- Craft and Folk Art Museum – Sunday, January 27th ONLY
- Fowler Museum at UCLA – Both Days
- Hammer Museum – Both Days
- The Getty Center – Both Days
- The Getty Villa***- Both Days
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art **** – Sunday, January 27th ONLY
- The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (MOCA) – Both Days
- Museum of Latin American Art – Both Days
- Museum of Tolerance***** – Sunday, January 27th ONLY
- Pacific Asia Museum – Sunday, January 27th ONLY
- The Paley Center for Media – Both Days
- Pasadena Museum of California Art – Sunday, January 27th ONLY
- Santa Monica Museum of Art – Saturday, January 26th ONLY
- Skirball Cultural Center****** – Both Days
- University Art Museum, CSULB – Both Days*******
*Regular parking fees apply. General museum admission only. May not apply to ticketed exhibitions.
**Timed tickets are required to see the Endeavour exhibition. Please visit www.californiasciencecenter.org.
***Timed tickets are required. Visit www.getty.edu.
****Offer valid for general admission only. Does not apply to specially ticketed exhibitions Caravaggio and His Legacy and Stanley Kubrick.
***** Advance reservations are recommended as capacity is limited. Please see www.museumoftolerance.com for hours and ticket information.
******Timed-entry tickets to the Noah’s Ark at the Skirball™ galleries will be on a walk-up, first-come, first-served basis on these dates, subject to availability.
*******The University Art Museum will only be open on Saturday, January 26th for an opening reception from 6-8pm.