Join Actress Mariette Hartley On A Walk To Prevent Suicide
Partnered with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP), actress Mariette Hartley is rallying the efforts once again this year for the annual Out Of The Darkness Walk to help raise awareness and funds for the organization.
The walk will benefit the AFSP’s “research and education programs to prevent suicide and save lives, increase national awareness about depression and suicide, and provide support for survivors of suicide loss,” as well as bring those touched by the great loss of suicide of a loved one together in an uplifting celebration.
“It’s just more of a celebration of those that we lost and loved,” Mariette told Gary Bryan. “The most important thing I think is that survivors meet survivors and they realize that they’re really, really not alone.”
For more details on the Out of the Darkness Walk on Oct. 27, listen to our interview with Mariette Hartley below.
- Where: Media Park, Culver City, California
- Starts: 10/27/2012 @ 9:00 am Ends: 12:00 pm
- Check-in Time: 7:45 am to 9:00 am
- Registration Cutoff: 10/26/2012 12:00 pm
- Donation Cutoff: 01/01/2013 12:00 am
- Contact: Veronica Scarpelli, email email@example.com
- Phone: 818-687-4055
- Website: http://www.afsp.org
- Register for the Out of Darkness Walk here