Labor Day Events In Los Angeles
The summer heat winding down, kids are back in school, and all your hard work in the past year is being rewarded this weekend for the long holiday break.
In recognition of the Labor Day tradition this weekend, it’s time to get ready to let your hair down and blow off some of that pent-up steam with some events happening in the area, via GoLosAngeles.com! From family-friendly street fests to a grown-up foodie experience, there are plenty of events celebrating the hard-working individuals!
Fill your day with an array of delicious fair food, carnival games and rides at the annual L.A. County Fair! The month-long fair kicks off Labor Day weekend and is the perfect place to let loose your inner child self this long weekend.
- When: Sat-Mon Aug 31 -Sept 3, 2012, then Wed-Sun Sept 5 – 30, 2012
- Where: The Fairplex in Pomona, 1101 W. McKinley Ave, Pomona, CA 91768, off the 10 Freeway, exit Fairplex Drive or White Ave.
For the more sophisticated pallet, head out the L.A. Times/Food & Wine’s annual event The Taste. Sample gourmet foods from celebrity chefs and fine wine around during the fest’s featured culinary events on the Paramount Pictures Studio lot.
- When: Saturday – Monday of Labor Day Weekend, 2 events Sat & Sun, 1 Mon
- Where: Paramount Pictures Studios, 5555 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90038
Be Greek for a day with plenty of authentic foods, music and dancing at the fest for all ages!
- When: Labor Day Weekend, Sat-Mon, noon – 9 pm
- Where: Assumption Greek Orthodox Church, 5761 E. Colorado St, Long Beach 90814
The free three-day arts and crafts fest will have over 200 vendors, food, music and a kiddie carnival.
- When: Labor Day Weekend, Sat-Mon, 10 am – 6 pm
- Where: Hermosa Beach Pier, Hermosa Beach
This free street fest in Downtown Los Angeles will feature the “Los Pobladores – Walk to Los Angeles” to re-enact the founding of El Pueblo de Los Angeles at the current Olvera Street. At the end of the walk, participants can enjoy music, food and vendor booths.
- When: Monday, Sept 3, 2012, 6:00 am – 9:30 am, Post walk celebration on Olvera Street 9 am – 1 pm
- Where: El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historic Site, 125 Paseo de la Plaza, Los Angeles, 90012 at Olvera Street.
Celebrate the films rarely seen on screen at the five-day Cinecon 48 Film Fest in Hollywood. The site describes the fest as being “dedicated to showcasing unusual films that are rarely given public screenings.” Over 30 silent films will be showcased along with celebrity panels, and even movie memorabilia available for purchase.
- When: Labor Day Weekend, Thursday – Monday
- Where: The Egyptian Theatre, 6712 Hollywood Blvd, LA 90028; Banquet and film book and Memorabilia Shows are at the Loews Hollywood (formerly Hollywood Renaissance) Hotel.