Shirley MacLaine Disgraces Dick Clark At ‘Bernie’ Premiere

It’s been less than a week since legendary TV mogul Dick Clark‘s passing, and as many mourn his great loss in the entertainment world, his former neighbor and TV legend in her own right, Shirley MacLaine, is seeing the brighter side of his death.

While on the red carpet with co-star Jack Black at the premiere of their new movie Bernie, Shirley made a shocking comment when asked about her thoughts on his death, saying that there is “one good thing” now that he is gone.

When asked about Dick Clark’s death, Shirley’s brazen response shocked many fans and has quickly gone viral.

Shirley told reporters about her former celebrity neighbor, “Well, now I can walk past his house in Malibu and his dogs won’t attack mine. That’s one good thing.”

She definitely made co-star Jack Black squirm a little with that comment… click here to watch the video.

Now we ask… were her comments out of line?

[Source: EW]

More from The K-EARTH 101 Morning Show with Gary Bryan
Comments

1. Jota says:

I agree with what she is saying about the topic of off leash dogs attacking BUT I also think that in this situation it was wrong and Shirley’s age is showing….sad.

2. RainbowRay says:

Don’t know all the details; don’t know the woman, but I think it was in poor tase. Have to know why she said it and what her relationship with Dick Clark was and how it was. I thought it was kind of rude, but that’s all. Yet, she is saying how she feels; maybe she’s upset, who knows? Maybe not!

LOVe
    RainbowRay

3. Vicki says:

My opinion: She’s an actress, with camera rolling, she was asked a question about an entertainment icon, the question took the glory spotlight off of her for that moment. Sounds as though she tried to make light of a very sad situation, it backfired, making herself look like a very sad individual.

4. Lydia says:

Dememtia-like comments often creep into casual conversation when speaking to someone of her age, she probably did not intend it to sound so crass.

1. Iris says:

I thoroughly agree. I’ve always admired Ms. MacLaine’s free-spirited style, but her apparent attempt at humor was a great disappointment. Maybe she should pause for a moment’s thought before speaking. Despite her faux pas, I still love her

5. What an Ol’ BIDDY! All I can say is she isn’t dead yet herself. How crass! Dick Clark,, I am sure ,was 100 times the person she will EVER be!!! I did not know him personally, but the man was ALWAYS a gentleman in everything he did. He made my childhood wonderful and taught me many things about music. R.I.P. Dick Clark I know you are in rock and roll heaven. ❤

P.Carter/North Carolina

6. It would have been better if should would have said nothing at all.

7. Margie says:

It’s not the first time she’s opened her mouth without thinking first. Her inappropriate comment just reflects poorly on her as a person and former neighbor. (I can’t believe she was his friend or she wouldn’t have made the comment to begin with.) She should really hire somone to stand by her side and kick her every time she makes a rude or inappropriate comment. Just imagine how black and blue her shins would be!!

8. Jill says:

In very poor taste but Shirley never had any class anyway. Why would she change. When in doubt, keep your mouth shut. I understand her concern about the dogs, but why didn’t she handle it when Dick was alive. She certainly is well know for her opinions. I think it is very sad.

9. Shawn says:

The dogs were probably trained to attack whenever they saw a has been.

10. dlr says:

WHAT A STUPID THING TO SAY…..REGARDLESS IF THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH DOGS..THIS WAS NOT THE TIME TO SAY ANYTHING. A LITTLE SYMPATHY FOR THE FAMILY. WON’T SUPPORT THIS MOVIE. SORRY JACK BLACK…YOUR CO-STAR MIGHT OF SCREW YOU.