Today's Tickets @ 2 Song: “London Calling” by The Clash

Davy Jones Of The Monkees Dead At 66

Davy Jones, the lead singer of the hit group [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Monkees[/lastfm], has passed away at the age of 66, according to TMZ. A rep for Davy informed TMZ that the singer died after suffering a heart attack this morning.

His passing was confirmed with TMZ by the official medical examiner’s office for Martin County, Florida when they received a call from Martin Memorial Hospital informing about his passing.

Davy joined The Monkees in 1965 with other group members Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith and Peter Tork as a made for TV band that turned the group into teen sensations and music superstars with hits including “Daydream Believer” and “Last Train To Clarksville.” The Monkees TV series ran from 1966-68, but the group continued to record and perform live shows long beyond the show’s cancellation.

The Monkees had recently embarked on a 45th Anniversary Tour last summer, but was forced to cancel a handful of shows due to unknown reasons. Davy Jones was just spotted performing what would become his last live show in Oklahoma on Feb. 19th, and the night before at BB King in New York City with no signs of illness or anything out of the ordinary.

Davy is survived by his wife Jessica and four daughters from previous marriages.

For photos, video and more of Davy Jones click here.

For more details on the death of Davy Jones, visit our sister station CBSMiami.com.

Comments

1. Mary says:

How sad. He was my first crush.

1. Fern says:

How sad, he was really cute wen he was younge, i always see his tv show. Its sad that he left 4 kids, even though they may nit be like kids, but ya. And alsohis wife. It is so sad. And just yesterday i was talking about him to my b.f. And said that he was my fav from the monkees. Soooo sad….😦

2. Dayle says:

Really sad news. All my prayers for peace and comfort, not only to his friends and family, but to all of us fans who loved their music.

3. Christine Anderson says:

Say it isnt so.
    Davy Jones was my favorite Monkee. The show always made me laugh and giggle. He will be missed.

4. ramon says:

Shocked and sad! A great entertainer. Will be missed. I knew he was going to be in town for an upcoming show. Left us with great songs.

5. Vicki says:

I’m a Believer! Rock and Roll Heaven-Davy is with the best-Heart felt sympathy for his family and all of us that hold the “Monkees” in the continual rock and roll Hall of Fame, classics—he will absolutely be missed….So sad

6. Denise says:

This is beyond sad. Davy was the greatest entertainer of all time in my opinion. It went way beyond “crush” for me. I truly admired and adored him, both in his professional life, and in his personal life.
    I was lucky enough to meet him on several occasions, and he was always very friendly and kind to the fans.
    His family said not to cry for him, but to listen quietly and you will hear him singing with the angels.
    reat person taken from us much too soon.He was a gt