Bidders Go For The Los Angeles Dodgers
Yesterday was the day to take bids for the Los Angeles Dodgers. According to our friends at CBSLA.com the team received at least 20 bids, with the requirement being a minimum of $1.5 billion.
Some of those who submitted a bid for the team yesterday include:
- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban
- Former Dodgers owner Peter O’Malley
- Chicago White Sox executive Dennis Golbert
- Former Dodgers general manager Fred Claire
- East Coast hedge fund giant Steven Cohen
- Magic Johnson and baseball executive Stan Kasten
- Los Angeles investor Stanley Gold and the family of the late Roy Disney
- Developer Rick Caruso and former Dodgers manager Joe Torre
- Former agent Dennis Gilbert and Los Angeles investors Jason Reese and Randy Wooster
- Former Dodgers Steve Garvey and Orel Hershiser
- New York investors Leo Hindery and Mark Utay
None of the bids are binding and any of the bidders may join together for a joint bid. Those handling the bidding can also waive the bid deadline allowing for new bidders.
Who would you like to see as the new owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers?