K-EARTH 101’s Bugstock 2012

Calling all VW enthusiasts!  We’re excited to announce K-EARTH 101’s Bugstock 2012 on Sunday, March 25, 2012 in the OC Marketplace at the OC Fair & Events Center in Costa Mesa!  It’ll be a fun-filled, day-long family festival complete with live music from Britain’s Finest on the K-EARTH 101 concert stage, a tie-die boothKids-zone, food, vendor village, VW car show with cash prize,  and of course the LARGEST VW car display in Southern California!

If you’re the owner of a VW Bug, Bus, Ghia or Dune Buggy register today for our People’s Choice car show to compete for the best in show, custom and stock categories.  You could win $500 for Best in Show!

Here are the details of K-EARTH 101’s Bugstock 2012:

• Date: Sunday, March 25, 2012 – Rain or Shine!
  • Event Time: 10am-4pm
  • Car Show: 10am-3pm; Awards Ceremony at 3:30pm
  • Where: OC Marketplace, OC Fair & Events Center, 88 Fair Drive – Orange County Fairgrounds, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
  • Event fee: $2 admission or free entry with a can of food to benefit Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County

If you’d still like to participate in the Classic VW Car Show but didn’t get to register online, we’ll take up to 50 car registrations on site at the event on Sunday from 7-7:30am.  First come, first serve, at the discretion of K-EARTH 101.  Cash only will be accepted for payment.  All on-site entries must be received by 7:30am on Sunday, March 25th at the Orange County Market Place.

Entertainment and activities include:

Exclusive VIP Parking for all VW drivers: If you drive any VW model, you’ll get to park in our exclusive FREE VIP special parking area.

britains finest yellowpepper K EARTH 101s Bugstock 2012

Photo courtesy of Britain's Finest

For car show contest rules, click here.

oc marketplace K EARTH 101s Bugstock 2012

Sponsored in part by:

mckenna vwcerritos K EARTH 101s Bugstock 2012  mckennavwsurfcity K EARTH 101s Bugstock 2012

gt radial K EARTH 101s Bugstock 2012

donatelifecalifornia wpinkdot K EARTH 101s Bugstock 2012

1. RainbowRay says:

Sounds like a fun time and you don’t need even to bring your own can of “RAID” (kills bugs dead, remember that one?)

“Be resolved get involved”

2. aloha-ray says:

spelling on can (con) food drive. thanks gary and gang!!

3. Can”t pay for tickets , someting is wrong with payment page

4. Adam Bookbinder // Website Producer says:

Sheryl, yes, squarebacks, notchbacks, and fastbacks are all welcome too!

1. tony valtier says:

see you there homies

5. Bob says:

Is there any musical entertainment?

1. Adam Bookbinder // Website Producer says:

Bob keep checking back about the entertainment we’ll have on-site!

6. Michele says:

We can’t wait for the Show, we have His and Hers 21 window Buses. One is a 64 and the other is a 67. We will be there. YaHoo

1. Daniel Kiley says:

Michele, I have a 71 campmobile and need the 2 front doors, drivers and passengers, do you know where I might find them.?

1. Michele says:

Have you tried Sumba or Glod Mine in Whittier? Also in June when they have the Classic or Sat. show just for buses.

2. Diane Maikui says:

@Michele: Actually it’s Samba; and the Gold Mine in Whittier is not all that it is cracked up to be. I have a 61 deluxe bus and Gold Mine has never been able to help me; Wolfsburg is the best for parts; and the Pomona swap meet sometimes has larger items. When is the bus show in June. Thanks!

7. Looking forward to this! My 1st car was a 1960 x-porter [what a sh!theap it was, but I miss it terribly… go figure!] Been thinking a lot lately of revisiting that format, now that I have the money to: #1 – buy one that hasn’t already been trashed, #2 – keep it in good nick, #3 – maybe make some mods [like doing a type IV -> type I conversion for more power & reliability.]
    C U there!

8. Yuri says:

I cant wait, I`ll be there with my vw club!!!!

9. tony valtier says:

Should be a blast!!ima bringing the 62 notch!!!!

10. tony valtier says:

i can’t wait to see the beatle band

11. stormy says:

I can’t wait! But how much is parking if you don’t have a VW?

1. Adam Bookbinder says:

While most parking is fee, the Orange County Market Place does offer “Preferred Parking” near an entrance for a nominal fee.

12. Michele says:

I just read you have to stay until 4pm is this true? I don’t think I can last that long even on a good day.

1. Adam Bookbinder says:

Michele, if you have a car in the classic car show, yes you have to stay until the end of the event.

13. Diane Maikui says:

Is this a rain or shine event? Forecast if for rain on Sunday, bummer!!!!!! Do you have a rain out day in case of heavy rain?

1. Adam Bookbinder says:

Hey Diane, this event is rain or shine! Bring your umbrella just in case! We’ll see you Sunday!

1. Diane Maikui says:

Thanks Adam I need another tie die t-shirt, the other one finally wore out. See you there!!!!

14. Can we register and pay at the show or is it online in advance only?

1. Adam Bookbinder says:

We’ll be taking only 50 on-site registrations on a first come, first serve basis Sunday morning at the event at the Orange County Market Place in Costa Mesa between 6-7:30am. Cash only. Hope to see you then!

15. Mellybug says:

Yay! Sucks it might rain, at least it’ll make my patina shine! Haha
    See you guys there! I’m excited!!

16. Diane Maikui says:

I know, rain, BUMMER. So many folks spending all the time waxing and shining only to go into the rain! Maybe it will rain late in the day, but I am not bringing my bus this time:(

17. Craig says:

Have you considered rescheduling due to the strong prediction of rain on Sunday?

1. Adam Bookbinder says:

Hey Craig, we’re going forward with the event on Sunday rain or shine. We hope to see you then!

1. yuri says:

Simon says Reschedule🙂

2. andy says:

hey i heard richard gere had a gerbal,is that a VW?

18. brian says:

Have my ticket and was excited for the event, but I will forego my $20 if necessary, there is no way I’m sitting out in the rain for 7 hours!

19. Debby says:

Had a great time! Great turnout! Started out to be a beautiful sunny morning. Started raining around 12:00…lots of diehards braved the elements! Thanks for a fun show!

20. Debby says:

Great show!

Started out to be a beautiful sunny morning. Great turnout! Started raining around noon and chased some out, but there were many diehards!

Had lots of people looking at our beloved ’67…thanks for looking!

21. Maria Kohanek-Ledesma says:

My husband and I had such a great time! We got there early, said Hello to most of the Radio Celebs. It was great! G.B. & L.S. were so kind and caring of all their fans. It was great seeing the Britains Finest. All the cars looked great! It started to rain hard about 12:30 and we were able to see a great deal of the days activities. Thanks to all the Celebs of Radio who are so great not only on Radio but wonderful to their fans as well. We thank all of you for such a special day. Maria L.