Peter Noone & Davy Jones Host PBS Special ’60s Pop, Rock & Soul: My Music’

Lead singer of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Herman’s Hermits[/lastfm], Peter Noone, and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Monkees[/lastfm]’ Davy Jones have teamed up to host a spectacular PBS concert special featuring the classic hits of the ’60s airing this Saturday, Dec. 3rd.

We welcomed Peter this morning to tell us a little more about this huge concert event, ’60s Pop, Rock & Soul: My Music, that features a dream line up of all your favorite ’60s icons!

With iconic performers like Paul Revere & The Raiders, The Kingsmen, The Ventures, Gary Lewis & The Playboys and many more, the PBS concert special ’60s Pop, Rock & Soul: My Music celebrates the sound of the ’60s.

Hosted by two ’60s icons in their own right, Peter Noone and Davy Jones, this special premieres this Saturday, Dec 3rd at 8 p.m. on PBS.

Peter called in to the K-EARTH 101 Morning Show to tell us a little more about the special and how all the biggest music acts of the ’60s knew each other during their careers! Listen to the full interview below:

Watch a preview of ’60s Pop, Rock & Soul: My Music:

Comments

1. RainbowRay says:

My favorite Herman Hermits songs include “I’m Into Something Good” (Remember, The Naked Gun? HIlarious beach scene with Leslie Nielson and Priscilla PResley holding hands as they run along the beach laughing to the song and then they accidentally clothesline another couple running–hilarious!!), “MRs. Brown”, “Silhouettes”, “No Milk Today” and of course, “I’m INto Something Good” (I BELIEVE it!).

Good to hear from Peter!

RainbowRay
    “Sharing is caring and caring is sharing; living is giving and giving is living”

2. NYDano says:

Two of my favorite bands and people, who got me through Junior High. Live on! Peter & Davy!

3. Bonnie says:

The lead vocalist of Paul Revere and the Raiders is so extremely talented. He does a patriotic show called Rocking America as well that would be awesome for PBS during these times. Do a special on him and every woman in the country will tune in.

Bonnie

4. melissa says:

Hello, my entire family loves these shows. Could you tell me how to find out about upcoming PBS concerts and how I can get tickets to the live shows?

Thank you.

5. alex demarbiex says:

the show is really great, jefferson starships grace slicks replacement singer was great, eddie floyd souled out he was great, i exspecially loved ? and the mysterians great front man and singer that band sounded great and tight…

1. Drew snelgrovE says:

So who was Grace Slick’s replacement singer?