“Shotgun Tom” Kelly’s interview with Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa’s Senior Account Executive/Hula instructor Keikilamni Curnan:
Highlights of the interview:
- Keikilamni’s name means heavenly child.
- In addition to doing sales at the resort, she also teaches hula.
- Hula lessons and lei making are available in the lobby on a daily basis.
- Groups that come in can set up lessons.
- It’s important for the Hawaiian culture to be taught to guests.
- They are focusing on Christmas coming up in December with their Hula dances done to Christmas songs.