“Shotgun Tom” Kelly at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa – Day 3 (page 2)
September 28, 2011 2:50 PM
“Shotgun Tom” Kelly speaks with Mayor Bill Kenoi, Mayor of Hawaii Island.
Highlights of the interview:
- The Big Island is just called Hawaii Island.
- It’s called the Big Island because it’s 4,028 square miles. Larger than Rhode Island and Delaware. Same size as Connecticut.
- The Island is one of the renewable energy leaders in the Pacific with 32% renewable energy (geothermal, solar, wind, ocean thermal energy).
- The only pharmacy college in the entire Pacific basin.
- Has the highest mountains in the world.
- Biggest leaders in astronomy in the world.
- Won the sight of the $1.2 billion CalTech telescope, the largest cutting edge telescope in the entire world.
- The earth comes alive with active lava flow.
- The experience of the Hawaii Island is authentic, valleys to waterfalls and much more.
“Shotgun Tom” Kelly speaks with Brian Ishii & Peter Matsuoka about celebrating the 30th anniversary at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa.