Top Ten Classic Pepsi And Coke Commercials

There are two kinds of people in the world — people who drink Pepsi or people who drink Coke. We all have our favorite cola brand we’re loyal to, but each brand has created a long line of iconic commercials that have change the game of advertisement. Check out five of the best classic commercials from each of the popular drink brands!

Pepsi has created numerous commercials featuring popular artists…check out five of their best musical commercials!

1. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Michael Jackson[/lastfm] Choice of a new generation commercial:

2. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Tina Turner[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]David Bowie[/lastfm] endorsed the popular drink in a commercial singing a branded version of Bowie’s hit “Modern Love”:

3. Michael Jackson in The Chase commercials during the Bad era:

4. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Ray Charles[/lastfm] sings for Diet Pepsi:

5. Madonna’s “Like A Prayer” commercial was pulled from TV only after a few airs:

Coke also has used song in many of their commercials over the years, but they also created very sentimental and cinematic-looking ads…see five of their best classic commercials!

1. Roy Orbison sings “Things go better with coca-cola” in this early Coke ad:

2. This 1971 ad featured people all over the world singing in unison the peaceful tune “I’d like To Teach The World To Sing (Perfect Harmony)”:

3. Mean Joe Greene in 1979:

4. The coca-cola polar bears debuted in the Northern Lights coke commercial in 1993:

5. The computer synthesized spokesperson “Max Headroom” was introduce for Coke in 1989:

Comments

1. Don weeks says:

Here”s one how did coke cola get its name.

2. RainbowRay says:

I remember the Mean Joe Greene commercials, the Michael Jackson commercials, and The Polar bear with the coke commercials very well.

RainbowRay

3. RainbowRay says:

I’ve been going through some commercial nostalgia of my own in the past little while, remeniscing about old commercials that I used to watch growing up in Toronto. Here are a couple of links I would like to share with you (a special treat for Canadian citizens living there who may remember some of these themselves). Of course some of them may have even been on American Tv at one time. Have a look and enjoy?

www. youtube.com/user/retrontario

RainbowRay

4. RainbowRay says:

Correction on one of the links: www. youtube.com/user/retrontario should be typed in as:

Thanks

RainbowRay

5. RainbowRay says:

I have also been watching old tv show intros on the net (still dreaming and reflecting on old tv shows I used to watch as a kid and growing up). Here’s a link I thought you and your listeners would like to check out.

RainbowRay

6. RainbowRay says:

To answer the trivia question posted down below, I don’t know how exactly how Coca Cola got it’s name, but I do know the drink was started by a pharmacist in the states in the states in the late 1800’s (1886 I believe or thereabouts). At one point (from what I’ve read) cocaine was actually used in the drink, but was later replaced. I know that the company is based in Atlanta (Jane Fonda and Ted Turner must be very proud as well as Jimmy Carter).

I am an avid trivia buff and as RainbowRay says, “Knowledge is power”, right?

RainbowRay