You may have heard about K-EARTH 101’s involvement with the inspiring young nine-year-old Jojo Lopez, who came to us for help to find a way to donate her hair to Locks of Love when legal issues from her school interfered. Not only did The K-EARTH 101 Morning Show with Gary Bryan step in to help, but we’ve partnered up with SuperCuts, hair designing guru John Paul DeJoria and Locks of Love for a special week-long event!
[photogallerylink id=46787 align=left]
All interested patrons looking to donate to the cause and help disadvantage children in need can participate in Locks of Love Week at 150 SuperCuts locations in Southern California. Not only will you get a stylish FREE new haircut and FREE gift, but you will be helping out a worthy cause that creates hairpieces for children with medical hair loss.
Starting next week from July 25th-31st, SuperCuts will be participating in Locks of Love Week and giving out free haircuts to anyone wanting to donate their hair to the cause. The young girl who started it all, Jojo Lopez, will be getting her hair cut LIVE on air during the K-EARTH 101 Morning Show With Gary Bryan this Monday, July 25th with special guest John Paul DeJoria to kick off the event.
If your hair meets the acceptable guidelines and you’d like to donate to the cause, you’ll receive a free haircut from SuperCuts and a free Paul Mitchell 413 sculpting brush as gift of appreciation! And make sure to look for Gary, Jojo and John Paul’s poster hanging up 150 SuperCuts in SoCal!
Guidelines for Acceptable Donations to Locks of Love:
· Hair that is colored or permed is acceptable.
· Hair cut years ago is usable if it has been stored in a ponytail or braid.
· Hair that has been bleached (usually this refers to highlighted hair) is not usable. If unsure, ask your stylist. We are not able to accept bleached hair due to a chemical reaction that occurs during the manufacturing process. **If the hair was bleached years ago and has completely grown out it is fine to donate.
· Hair that is swept off of the floor is not usable because it is not bundled in a ponytail or braid.
· Hair that is shaved off and not in a ponytail or braid is not usable. If shaving your head, first divide hair into multiple ponytails to cut off.
· We cannot accept dreadlocks. Our manufacturer is not able to use them in our children’s hairpieces. We also cannot accept wigs, falls, hair extensions or synthetic hair.
· Layered hair is acceptable if the longest layer is 10 inches.
· Layered hair may be divided into multiple ponytails.
· Curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum 10 inches.
· 10 inches measured tip
· Shorter hair will be separated from the ponytails and sold to offset the manufacturing costs. Although the shorter hair cannot be used in the hairpieces, it still greatly helps to reduce costs.
· Gray hair will be accepted and sold to offset the manufacturing costs.
· Colored hair is not usable if it is colored over bleached hair.
Click here for more information and participating SuperCuts locations near you!