How to Fold Your Red, White and Blue
This time of year, you may want to hang your American flag to show your appreciation for the country. There are, however, specific rules about the treatment of your flag. This guide will help you get your flag folded properly.
From the American Legion Auxiliary:
- Fold your flag in half lengthwise, out of respect, avoid placing it on the ground or any other surface.
- Fold it lengthwise a second time, making sure the stars on the blue field aka the “union” remain outward.
- Make a small triangular fold by bringing the bottom right corner up to meet the top edge.
- Continue folding triangles until only the blue shows. Tuck left corner into the fold of the finished triangle.
- The finished flag should resemble a cocked three-corner hat in honor of the U.S. Armed Forces.