Today’s the day; The Oprah Winfrey Show is coming to a bittersweet ending and the queen of media is shifting gears to front her cable network OWN as the next chapter of her career. Loyal fans will follow her over to OWN, but we will forever miss the educational, entertaining and exceptionally inspiring programming over the 25 years.
Oprah has always made her audience and fans her prime focus and is known to give away incredible and lavish gifts to her audience members and deserving fans. From the memorable “You get a car!” moment to donating her own money to help rebuild homes for Hurricane Katrina victims, Oprah never ceases to surprise fans with the most jaw-dropping gifts!
1. Kicking off her 19th season in 2004, Oprah gave her entire studio audience a brand new, fully loaded 2005 Pontiac G6, and made a memorable TV moment by shouting “You get a car, you get a car!” while her audience screamed with excitement.
2. Also in 2004, Oprah surprise hardworking school teachers with $15,000 in goodies during her “Favorite Things” show, including a relaxing stay at Miraval Resort and Spa in Tucson, Arizona.
3. In 1996, the Oprah how flew out 217 audience members celebrating a special anniversary to the Happiest Place on Earth at Disney World resort in Florida.
4. At the kick off of her final season, Oprah surprise 300 of her Ultimate fans with an eight-day trip to the other side of the world in Australia.
5. After the devastating Hurricane Katrina disaster, Oprah dug deep into her heart and wallet, donating $10 million of her own money to rebuild homes for 65 families displaced by the hurricane at the start of her 20th season in 2005.
6. In her final “Ultimate Favorite Things” episode this season, Oprah shocked fans with the newly designed 2012 Volkswagen Beetle, a Royal Caribbean’s Allure of the Seas cruise and airfare to travel to board the cruise, plus many more of her favorite goodies over the year!
Check out our entire Countdown To Oprah’s Final Show here! We’ll miss you, Oprah!