Five Mother’s Day Gift Ideas That Are Worth More From The Heart Than The Wallet
Mother’s Day is just days away, and while it’s important to show the special woman in your life just how much she means to you, it’s hard to find the perfect gift that says “I love you” without spending an arm and a leg. This year, give mom a gift that’s worth millions in meaning but still sticks to your budget with these Mother’s Day gift ideas!
1. Flowers — A bouquet of fresh cut flowers never gets old and always puts a smile on mom’s face when surprised with a dozen bright, colorful bunch of her favorite flower. Flower delivery services like ProFlowers.com even does all the work for you after selecting the desired flower, and includes a free vase with purchases!
2. Cards — It’s always the though that counts, and with cards you show mom just how you feel with a special loving message on what she means to you. Get really creative by constructing and decorating a homemade cards with the kids and write a special message from heart inside. Plus, you can always add an extra surprise with a gift card to her favorite store or product to treat herself to something special!
3. Photos — In the digital age, it’s pretty rare to ever print out photos of the family or vacations. Digital photos just sit filed away on the computer out of sight, so go through and pick out your favorite photos of the family and good times spent together and get them printed and framed in a decorative picture frame. A nice collage of photos from the past will be a constant reminder to mom just how special they are in your life!
4. Brunch/Dinner — Instead of buying a physical gift for mom, treat her with a quality get together for a special Mother’s Day brunch or dinner at her favorite restaurant. Downtown L.A. has an extensive list of Mother’s Day brunches at area restaurants and even brunch in the Disney Concert Hall. Just be sure to reserve your brunch or dinner early, because restaurants will be busy all day!
5. Mother’s Day events: Get out of the house for some special events organized just for mom! On the historic Olvera Street at El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historic Site there will be a huge celebration for the Mother’s Day Festival all for free. The festival will feature music, food, rides and games for the whole family.
For the movie-loving mom, the historic Egyptian Theatre is organizing a Mother’s Day tour or the backstage dressing rooms and stories of the biggest stars of classic Hollywood. After the tour, watcha screening of the classic film Forever Hollywood right in the historic theatre. The tour and the screening each only costs $5 to explore a piece of Hollywood history up close!
For more money-saving tips for every day of the week, check out more Tight String Tuesday features HERE!