Hawaii has some of the best whale watching. While broadcasting live from the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa in Maui, “Shotgun Tom” Kelly spoke with Blake Moore of the Pacific Whale Foundation to learn more about their services on the island and about the organization.
Highlights from Blake Moore of the Pacific Whale Foundation:
- The organization is non-profit and focuses on education, conservation and research.
- They hire biologists to educate the public during tours on their vessels.
- The Pacific Whale Foundation is a worldwide organization with research in the South Pacific, Australia and Ecuador.
- Maui is one of the places in the world to see the North Pacific Stock of Humpback Whales.
- There are plenty of spots around Maui to see whales.
- The organization offers vessel trips out to see whales.
- Night snorkeling is available.
- For more information visit PacificWhale.org.