Today's Tickets @ 2 Song: "Hurts So Good" by John Mellencamp

Poll: Suri Cruise With A Pacifier, Is She Too Old To Have One?

katie holmes and suri cruise Poll: Suri Cruise With A Pacifier, Is She Too Old To Have One?

Photo: Amy Sussman/Getty Images

Pictures emerged a few days ago showing 5-year-old Suri Cruise walking around with a “pacifier“!!

Is she too old to still have one?

See the PIC OF SURI HERE!

Is a 5 years old too old for a pacifier? Well, some people in Hollywood think so and are criticizing Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes for letting Suri, who is nearly five, still suck on one. Suri made headlines last week when a photo of her in a designer dress high heels and a pacifier surfaced on the internet, and know the binky has sparked a debate.

Comments

1. Laurie Ackerman says:

It is a personal parental decision. Perhaps none of know why Suri may be using this to soothe herself at the moment.Paparazzi are always following Suri around.Perhaps she has lots of anxiety dealing with this constant stream of cameras.What isn’t normal to us may be normal for Suri right now.What is definitely isn’t normal is the paparazzi.

2. liz says:

in our days the sixties,,at age one,was the limit on the pasie,,and the bottle,,,anychild sucking after that was a spoiled brat,,,,,

3. Eleanor Hemminger says:

Tom and Katie indulge that child waaaaaay too much. The paparazzi would not be following Suri around if Tom and Katie had kept her secluded from them. They put that child out there like a trophy for both their egos. If other celebrities can keep their children from be swarmed by the pap’s so can Tom and Katie.

4. Debbie Wilson says:

Yes I think she is to old for the Pacifier, but what about her getting a box of Gummie Penis? She was out with her Mom and when she left the Resturant she was hold the Box of Gummie Penis

5. Mercedes in Pico Rivera says:

DISGUSTING!!, Whether it be a celeb child or not. I currently work for a marketing research firm in the L.A area and have personally witnessed in child rearing surveys, mothers who keep thier healthy children(both physically and mentally– b.t.w) in diapers and still breast feeding up to the age of 5 years old.NO JOKE!!

6. Marla says:

There is absolutely no harm in Suri having a pacifier. It doesn’t hurt her or anyone else. I don’t see why people get so up tight about kids have pacifiers or bottles. One day she won’t want it anymore and that will be that! Have you ever seen a teenager with a pacifier? I didn’t think so! Would it bother you if she had a blankie too? Leave them alone.

1. Laurie Ackerman says:

I agree with you Marla!

7. blanca says:

it not your bossiness and don’t worry about anther people life

8. Debbie says:

I nursed my 8th baby until he was 3, then with his allowance he bought binkies until he was 6. He is now a lovely 18 year old with perfect teeth and still sweet to him mom. In the grand scheme of things what difference does it make, right? Let Suri such

9. Chris says:

It’s a shame that parents believe that children know more than they do. By allowing children to demand what they will wear rather than choose or to allow them to tell them what they want rather than ask is just a preview of what they will be when they are teenagers. How “cute” will they think their child is when they become just like Lindsey Lohan. It’s easy for the parents to say they won’t now, (I’m sure that that is what Lohan’s parents said) but if they let their child tell them what she wants and think that it is excercising her strong spirit I doubt that they will want that free spirt excercised when they are 16 and yet it will be too late to tell them then.

10. CYNDI says:

I AGREE WITH MARIA I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD GRANDAUTHER THAT HER PARENTS ARE TRYING TO WEN HER FROM HER BINKIE. IT JUST BREAKS MY HEART TO SEE THE HURT SHE FEELS WHEN SHE CAN NOT HAVE IT.THIS BABY ONLY CHERISHES 3 THINGS IN YOUNG LIFE. HER MOMMY DADDY AND HER BINKIE. MY SON HAD A BLANKET THAT HIS GREATGRANDMOTHER MADE FOR HIM THAT HE CHERISHED TILL IT WAS JUST PIECES OF YARN. MY DAUGHTER BREASTFEED TILL SHE WAS 18 MONTHS AND THEY BOTH HAD NORMAL CHILDHOOD AND ARE PERFECTLY FINE ADULTS. I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Dick Terrill says:

Looks like another Lindsay Lohan under construction.

12. RainbowRay says:

I agree with Marla and that Suri WILL outgrow the pacifier; children also outgrow “blankies” although some of them carry them around longer then usual (I don’t see any harm in that).

However, I feel it is best that children learn to make “choices” early on in life so they grow up to be competent adults in society. Letting children make their own choices, learning from mistakes is a “healthy way” of growing up. The Cruises are obviously letting her hold onto the pacifier longer the necessary, but so long as she can make choices on her own (healthy ones) then I say, by all means, let her hold onto it until she doesn’t need it anymore.

Let the child grow at her own pace and allow her to make choices on her own so she can be independent (not being able to make choices early on in life only leads to problems later on in life as it did with me [tragic and traumatic childhood].

It’s also The Cruise families business as to how they want to raise their children, am I right?

Personally in my opinion, I like the idea of raising children with lots of “love”, using “positive reinforcement”, “making choices” and “having them involved in life” and not becoming “couch potatoes” in the future just because “life gets to busy”. There is always a way.

That’s my opinion; respect it like I try to respect others.

RainbowRay