Here at the K-EARTH 101, we’re helping you ease the effects of skyrocketing gas prices with Beat The Pump each morning with Gary Bryan, but there are even more ways to save even if you don’t win with us!
If you’re feeling the strain of gas prices when filling up your tank, try some of these tips to help make the pump go further with each fill up.
1. Gas Apps: Rising gas prices? They have an app for that. If you’re a smartphone user, there are dozens of free apps that help you located the cheapest gas prices in your area. MapQuest, GasBuddy and CheapGas are just a few of the top free apps to make sure you’re not overpaying for gas.
2. Discount Gas Cards: Not many know that you don’t have to pay full price for a gift card. Through the gift card site, GiftCardGranny.com, you can buy prepaid gift cards at a discounted price!
3. Walk, Carpool or Stay at Home: The only guaranteed way to save money on gas is by not driving at all! No with the convenience of online shopping, you can buy almost anything and have it delivered to your door step.
If you live in a business area, just walk to your destination to save stress on your wallet and trying to find parking. Or if you need to drive somewhere, find others in your area that are interested in carpooling with ride share sites or apps like Carticipate.
4. Avoid Highway Stations: Sure it’s convenient to fill up at a gas station right by your exit, but you’re definitely paying more for it. These stations charge more for the same gas you get down the road!
5. Use Reward Cards: Many grocers offer gas reward perks in return for buying groceries at their stores. Make sure to hang on to those cash receipts for your reward balance and fill up at the designated stations for discounted cents off the gallon!
Want more ways to save? Check out all or money-saving tips featured for Tight Strings Tuesdays to get more bang for your buck!