‘American Idol’ Season 10 Premiere: Was It A Hit Or Miss?

american idol American Idol Season 10 Premiere: Was It A Hit Or Miss?

Photo: Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images

The hugely anticipated new season of American Idol kicked off with a big bang Wednesday night, and even though there was a new judges table, the auditions stayed just about the same. A few standouts wowed the judges and then there were of course those few who made us cringe at their tone-deaf performance.

America was introduced to the new judges [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Steven Tyler[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Jennifer Lopez[/lastfm] — sitting along with Idol alum Randy Jackson — who seemed to win over the hearts of viewers. Hear Lisa Stanley’s recap of the premiere and listen to the worst auditions of the night!

So what did you think of the season premiere of Idol…are you a fan of Tyler and J. Lo or do you miss the sternness of Simon and the kookiness of Paula? Let us know if you think Idol will be a hit or miss this season!

Comments

1. Debbie says:

I thought the judges were great. When I heard who the new judges would be, I thought Steven Tyler would be too crazy, but he was great!! They all worked great together.

2. Juanita says:

I have not watched A.I. for several seasons now. I thought Steven Tyler a judge? Hmmmm gonna check it out – he is PERFECT for the show I loved him!! He is reeeeally good – he’s hilarious and entertaining. LOVED how he interacted with the contestants when he dug their voice/song…so far so good! I’m hooked already…

3. Nevart says:

HIT. Refreshing, pleasant.Definitly a hit

4. Maria Kortright-Verdugo says:

Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez need to give more objective, definitive criticism to help all who audition improve; their comments are mostly subjective and adulatory and nothing to learn from. I miss some of Simon’s criticism because he could be cruel sometimes. I definitely do not miss Paula’s kookiness, as she is still doing just that whenever she gets interviewed! (Paula needs to grow up)

5. chief says:

the new judges are GR-R-REAT !!!!!! they should have done this a long time ago .. know what i mean..PLEASE DO THE SAME
    ON DWTS !!!!!!!!! judges on DWTS HAVE TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!

6. tero pierce says:

Steven actually looked excited about finding talent. He was having a good time.. J Lo left me cold but… together maybe he’ll put some life into her.
    And I have NEVER EVER EVER watched this show but Steven has me hooked like every other girl in the world!

7. RainbowRay says:

Good Entertainment Report at 8:09am Lisa; glad to here you’re feeling better.

Those guys sounded as good as that Eskimo singing “Unchained Melody” on Canadian Idol” last week (kidding!).

I don’t miss Simon and his crad and crude approach to judging (“Okay Simon, Okay Theodore, Okay Alvin, Alvin, ALVIN, ALLLLLVIIIIN!!), but I still think American Idol will be a hit! Good luck to the performers!

RainbowRay
    ????

8. kristy says:

Hi Guys, Love Randy as always, Steven was much better and funnier than we thought he would be. Jennifer did not say anything to anybody. She needs to crack down and be truthful and not so fluffy. WE MISS YOU SIMON AND ELLEN!!!!!!!!!!