If you’re like many Americans (especially if you’re up this early) you need a caffeine boost to get moving in the morning. Well, Starbucks unveiled a new “big gulp” sized drink even bigger than the Venti called the “Trenta” to give you that extra wired caffeine fix for your mornings.
Do you think you can handle the Trenta?
If you can finish all of your Venti coffee drink and still crave a little extra, don’t worry, the new Trenta size will have you covered. Starbucks introduced the new 31oz drink size on Tuesday in 14 select states before it becomes available nationwide in the summer. Here’s all you need to know about the ‘Trenta.’
- “Trenta” is Italian for ’30,’ but the cup can actually hold 31oz.
- The Trenta size will cost 50 cents more than the largest 24oz Venti size.
- Only iced coffee and teas will be available in the Trenta size.
- The Trenta size is currently only available in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Hawaii, Nevada and Arizona.
- The Trenta will be taking over Starbucks stores nationwide on May 3rd.
Will you try the new Trenta size when it’s available in California or is that too much caffeine for one person to take?