One of the best things about this time of year is all the baking people do, especially the people you work with. There never seems to be a shortage of some type of holiday baked good around the office, especially here. This awesome recipe was recently made by Jenny who works in the digital department here at the station. I think as soon as she put them on the table in the kitchen, they were gone within 10 minutes. I’m sure the cream cheese frosting on them helped.
2 c. flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup salad oil
4 eggs, beaten
1 c. persimmon pulp
1 c. chopped nuts
1 c. dried cherries (optional)
- Combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Separately combine sugar, eggs, oil and pulp, in the order.
- Stir flour mixture into pulp mixture.
- Beat well.
- Add nuts.
- Pour into a 9×13 inch, well greased cake pan.
- Bake 20 minutes in a 324-350 F degree oven.
1 8oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. box powdered sugar
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Ice after persimmon mixture has been removed from oven and completely cooled.
- Cut into squares.