We are only a couple weeks away for Christmas and that doesn’t leave much time to do all your baking done! Here is a recipe which is sure to leave your house smelling like the holidays.
This recipe makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1/2 cup dark molasses
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1. In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter.
2. Blend in orange juice, corn syrup and molasses.
3. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill 3-4 hours or overnight.
4. Roll dough, a portion at a time, on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness.
5. Cut into desired shapes. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-14 minutes. Cookies will be soft and chewy if baked 12 minutes; crunchy if baked longer.