Morning Show Poll: Who Sang "It's My Party" Better?

The self-destructive British soul star, [lastfm]Amy Winehouse[/lastfm] has cleaned herself up from the ‘no, no, no’ days in “rehab” to record a new cover single of the classic [lastfm]Lesley Gore[/lastfm] hit, “It’s My Party.”

We wanna know which version you like better…Winehouse or Gore…it’s sweet vs. sour in the music showdown of “It’s my Party,” and somebody’s gonna end up crying…

“It’s My Party” was the first hit single for producer Quincy Jones back in 1963, and he’s back lending his helping hand on Winehouse’s cover version of the hit song. Check out each version and tell us who you think sang it better!

The 2010 remake by [lastfm]Amy Winehouse[/lastfm] featuring the legendary [lastfm]Quincy Jones[/lastfm]:

The original 1963 version by [lastfm]Lesley Gore[/lastfm]:

Comments

1. Norma Weinstein says:

Amy Winehouse’s version actually isn’t that bad…it sounds a little “soulful”

2. Julia says:

Lesley Gore Hands down! I couldn’t even listen to more than 27 seconds to Any Winehouse’s version & that was 27 seconds too long!

3. Glenn MIller says:

By all means it’s Lesley Gore all the way. There can never be anyone that can sing it as Good as Lesley.

4. Craig Strong says:

Cry if I want tao? Yao would cry tao if it happened to yao? Amy, you make a mess of the English language!

5. Mikey says:

I love Leslie Gore’s version and I can’t stand Amy Winehouse, so I’m sticking with the original

6. cookie says:

I could only listen to about 15 seconds not even close to “soulful”, more like sourful…Leslie Gore no doubt about it. She needs to take off the clothspin from her nose.

7. cookie says:

I could only listen to about 15 seconds not even close to “soulful”, more like sourful…Leslie Gore no doubt about it. She needs to take off the clothspin from her nose, she meaning Amy.

8. Cecilia Veltre says:

Lesley Gore wins hands down. Amy sounds like she has has a bit two much to drink! Don’t like it alt ALL!!

9. Sheila says:

I like the soulfullness of Amy Winehouse but had troubles understanding the words at times. Maybe if she enunciated better I would have liked her version.

10. louie-lou-i says:

Seriously? Amy Winehouse?? Yuck! Sounds like she’s high… oh wait, she probably is! Amy butchered the song. I vote for Lesley even though the song is pretty simple, does not have a lot of range. It’s Lesley’s song forever!!

11. Janice says:

Lesley wrote it and performed it, who could possibly do it better? And she still can do it the best. We saw her a few years ago and she was great!!!!!

1. J.E. Dela Cruz says:

really? she wrote it? but didn’t helen shapiro sing if first then les made it popular due to its upbeat tempo, helen’s was slower and sad

12. Nicholas Abrahms says:

Lesley some is more Party type, what you play at dance partys Amy is more sad and depressed alone in your room type

13. Bob says:

Sounds like Amy has been too much of the house wine.

14. J.E. Dela Cruz says:

IF ANYTHING HAS TO DO WITH CRYING LESLEY GORE CAN SING IT. CHECK OUT HER FIRST ALBUM “I’LL CRY IF I WANT TO.”

15. J.E. Dela Cruz says:

IF ANYTHIGN HAS TO DO WITH TEARS AND CRYING LESLEY SUE GOLDSTEIN CAN DO IT. CHECK OUT HER FIRST LP “I’LL CRY IF I WANT TO” ALSO FEATURING NO MORE TEARS TO CRY AND CRY ME A RIVER