Top 10 Songs That Make Men Cry
Men, have you ever been driving home when suddenly you find yourself rolling up your car windows in hopes no other drivers hear you blasting [lastfm]Elton John[/lastfm]‘s “Candle In The Wind” as the tears roll down your cheeks? Turns out you may not be alone. A new UK survey recently revealed the top ten songs that make men cry the most.
The survey was conducted by PRS for Music, an organization which collects and pays royalties to its songwriting and composing members. In a statement, PRS for Music’s chairman Ellis Rich said,
A well-written tear-jerker is one that people can relate to and empathize with. It is this lyrical connection that can reach deep down emotionally and move even the strongest of men.
The list of top ten songs isn’t all that surprising, really, although we’re kind of surprised some other staple tracks did not make it. You mean you don’t cry to “I Would Do Anything for Love” by [lastfm]Meatloaf[/lastfm]? What kind of man are you?!
Full list below. What songs do you think should have also made the cut?
1. ‘Everybody Hurts’ — [lastfm]R.E.M[/lastfm]
2. ‘Tears in Heaven’ — [lastfm]Eric Clapton[/lastfm]
3. ‘Hallelujah’ — [lastfm]Leonard Cohen[/lastfm]
4. ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ — [lastfm]Sinead O’Connor[/lastfm]
5. ‘With or Without You’ — [lastfm]U2[/lastfm]
6. ‘The Drugs Don’t Work’ — [lastfm]The Verve[/lastfm]
7. ‘Candle in the Wind’ — [lastfm]Elton John[/lastfm]
8. ‘Streets of Philadelphia’ — [lastfm]Bruce Springsteen[/lastfm]
9. ‘Unchained Melody’ — [lastfm]Todd Duncan[/lastfm]
10. ‘Angels’ — [lastfm]Robbie Williams[/lastfm]