Rock ‘N’ Roll Hall of Shame: Worst Rock Song Covers EVER!

The bubble-pop princess [lastfm]Britney Spears[/lastfm] was recently voted as having the worst-ever rock cover in history with her butcher of [lastfm]Joan Jett[/lastfm]’s punk-rock anthem”I Love Rock ‘N’ Roll” according to NME readers. She wasn’t the only offender of shameful rock covers either, the K-EARTH 101 Morning Show came up with a list of five of the WORST rock covers in history…they really should have left these songs alone!

[lastfm]Britney Spears[/lastfm]: “I Love Rock N Roll” — original by [lastfm]Joan Jett[/lastfm]

[lastfm]Britney Spears[/lastfm] numero dos: “Satisfaction” — original by [lastfm]Rolling Stones[/lastfm]

[lastfm]Madonna[/lastfm]: “American Pie” — original by [lastfm]Don McLean[/lastfm]

[lastfm]Cheap Trick[/lastfm]: “Don’t Be Cruel” — original by [lastfm]Elvis Presley [/lastfm]

[lastfm]Celine Dion[/lastfm]: “You Shook Me All Night Long” — original by [lastfm]AC/DC[/lastfm]

What other offenders do you think should be added to the list? Add your worst rock cover of all time below!

1. mike kirwan says:

Lucy In The Sky cover by William Shatner. So bad it’s hilarious. Leonard Nimoy’s Proud Mary is the equal of it.

2. Gary K. says:

Dan Fogelberg’s “Rhythm Of The Rain”

3. Lorelei McBroom says:

I must agree most of these are lousy. Personally I love Tom Jones but really didn’t care for his cover of the Prince song “Kiss”. It got him some much needed and deserved viability, but it didn’t work for me.

I also didn’t like Lenny Karvitz version of “American Woman”. I thought it lacked the right fire.

4. oldies76 says:

David Lee Roth – California Girls
    Joan Jett – Crimson & Clover
    Tiffany – I Saw Him Standing There

5. oldies76 says:

Those Spears remakes are absolutely HORRIBLE…should have never been allowed to produce. Hopefully today’s kids will figure out, that the originals are 100 times superior!

1. oldies76 says:

I mean really Britney, can’t you come up with your OWN music??…..”Baby..One More Time” was good.

6. Arnaz says:

What about Shaun Cassidy’s cover of “Do Run Run” by The Ronnets?

7. Earl Blair says:

Don’t forget Gale SAtorm’s vover of Smiley Lewis’ piano-thumpin’ rocker, “I Hear You Knockin'” and Pat Boone’s merciless murdering of Little Richard’s “Tutti Frutti” and “Rip It Up.”