MUST SEE VIDEO: Angry Dad Goes On School Bus To Yell At Bullies!

You MUST see this video!!!  A Florida dad stormed onto a school bus and threatened children that his 13 year old disabled daughter pointed out as being a bully to her!

She has cerebral palsy!!!

Check out the video and tell us what you think!!

Here’s the video!!

HERE’S THE FULL STORY FROM CBS

A central Florida father who stormed a school bus earlier this month and threatened a group of kids who were bullying his disabled daughter has apologized to some of the other children who were on the bus.

James Willie Jones of Sanford said some of kids on the bus “had nothing to do with this.” In his statement Tuesday, he said he was the one acting like a bully when he went onto the bus and no parent should copy his behavior. He explained that his 13-year-old daughter suffers from cerebral palsy and he “could not stand by and helplessly watch her suffer.”

Jones admitted he used inappropriate language and regrets the way he handled the situation.

Jones was charged with disorderly conduct and disturbing a school function for the Sept. 3 incident. He posted $2,000 bail and was ordered to stay away from the driver and county school buses. (End Of The Story)

Check out his support page on FACEBOOK!

Was he right to do this??? Voice you opinion!!!

Comment below!!!

Comments

1. John says:

You can’t threaten to hurt or kill anybody. I sympathize, as when my boys were young they were messed with on the bus. Crude comments about their mother that these kids had learned from older brothers (2nd grade at the time). I complained to the school district bus people and nothing ever changed. But today with the emphasis on not tolerating Bullying, maybe it would be different.

2. Mike Cook says:

He should have notified the school, and given them the opportunity to properly handle the problem. If that did not work, then he should have elevated it to the school board, PTA and police. He had not run out of appropriate options to correct the situation.

3. Sandy says:

My question is this: what was done to discipline the children on the bus who made these comments. We’re been talking about this Dad who was defending his daughter. What about those kids on that bus? Why aren’t they accountable for their actions? They should have been suspended from bus transportation to school for a few days so their parents would have to get them there. Maybe if their parents were made accountable too we wouldn’t have all this bullying. We have given all the control to the kids and taken it away from the adults.

1. BJC says:

Sandy: What I have read is the kids on the bus continued to bully the girl even after the incident. Finally her parents moved her to another school. As far as I know, nothing happened to the bullies. I also read that the girl (her cerebral palsy is not obvious) was bullied because she was protecting someone else from being tormented by the same kids. Then they turned on her. So the message seems to be you can bully others as much as you want without accountability, but if you try to defend yourself or others, you will be in a lot of trouble. Incredible.

1. Mary says:

When I was small kids attacked my sister on the way home from school. My mother took them aside and told them that she had a scary husband who would hurt them if they did it again. My sister never was bullied again. We lived in Ireland.

4. John B says:

I don’t blame him if this would have been a last ditch effort and he confronted the bullies only, not everykid on the bus was guilty and they should have not been subjected to his rage.

5. Oscar says:

as a parent of a disable child of 29 and two normal ones 19, & 15 all girls. it hurts when people do things to your children especaily the ones that can defend them self. i’ve been blessed that nothing like that has happen to our daugther, but will probably do the same so I support mr. Jones

6. Gary Bryan says:

He lost it, but it’s hard to blame him!

7. John B says:

Any parent will go to extreams to protect their child so I support Mr. jones in one way but I also support the parents of the other innocent children who are not too happy with Mr. Jones actions because he subjected these children to his rage.

8. Larry - Virgin Islands says:

Throw the bus driver under the bus. Give him a paper route with llittle or no responsibilites.

9. Anne says:

While the father was not right in taking on the kids, he should have gone to the school, I can understand his frustration. However, he was not the only adult on this bus; where was the bus driver? Why didn’t he report this activity? He should also be disciplined…as should the kids on the bus. They ALL had a responsibility to tell their parents or a teacher about what was happening. Shame on them all!

10. Teri says:

I’m sure telling the school would not have gotten him anywhere. Their answer would most likely have been-just ignore the situation. I understand the father’s concern for wanting to just have these kids leave her alone. Maybe the father should have gone to the parents instead…it tells me that the parents certainly haven’t instilled much in the way of teaching their children tolerance. They are so damned cruel at that age anything slightly different. We wonder why some of our children have resorted to such heinous crimes as shooting up the school they attend etc. Begins at home. Tolerance needs to be taught.

11. Michelle Stevens says:

while his behavior was inexcusable, I do not think that he should have been arrested. Any parent would want to protect their kid…what I am concerned about is WHY nobody said anything while the behavior and actions of the bullies were allowed to continue torturing the poor girl.

12. Mike says:

Why did the bus driver not stop the bullying in the first place? How often was this happening? Does the school have a policy in place to keep bullying kids off the bus? I agree with Sandy. Why were the bullying kids not held accountable for their actions? We are holding the adult accountable, but when do we teach the kids to be? Do we wait until they are adults? His language and threats may have been inappropriate, but it is hard to fault his desire to protect his child.

13. kim says:

The kids involved should have to work this summer at a camp for cerebal palsy or challenged kids volunteering..Those kids should also be banned from the bus for the remander of the school year. The parents of those kids need to spend a weekend in a parenting class. (I am assuming the father complained at the school before and entering the bus was his last resort. )

14. Olga says:

This is a tough one. I, as a parent and grandparent, would have probably done the same as the dad. I know we as adults should be more rational, sensible, think before we ac,t but when our chidlen are being threaten by anyone everything goes out the window. What about the bus driver? He should have nipped it in the bud. If these students were bullying, I’m sure it wasn’t the first time and I’m sure they bully other kids at school. What about school personal? What have they done to prevent bullying in their school? How is the bus driver going to accoutable for what happened on his bus? What about the parents of the students involved? Are they taking responsibility?

15. Matteo says:

Sadly, this country (or the world, for all that matters) are losing control on what’s right and what’s wrong. People jump immediately to threat a lawsuit even before knowing what really happened, and the institutions are afraid of doing anything because “lawsuit” scares more than “one individual.” This father had all the rights in the world to do so, and parents ingeneral should stop leaving their children in front of the TV, or with their cell phones and stuff, and start talking to them and telling them what’s right and what’s wrong.

16. Nelly Tufaga-Ala says:

Exactly what good is complaining to the school gonna do NOTHING..my daughter 7 yrs old was playing during her lunch recess..after they have lunch they line up their lunch boxes in front of their classroom…as she was jump roping she noticed two boys took her lunch box and ripped it open took our her little tupperware that she had her grapes and when she yelled out HEY ..they just threw the lunch box in the dirt and ran off….when her dad learned of this he was READY to go down to the school and I dont know what he was gonna do but..you dont mess with Daddy’s little girls..I called the school and reported the incident and just got a call back from the office attendant who was acting in behalf of the prinicipal apologizing for what happened..blah blah blah..BULLYING is not tolerated in this FAMILY…

17. Derek says:

I don’t blame him one little bit. These school kids today are ROTTEN to the core. The parents these days are barely able to care for themselves, go out in public and look at parents of teens today, most are sloppy, ill-mannered morons themselves, how are they going to teach a kid any manners.

Good for this guy, he deserves a medal. That idiot bus driver looks like a deer caught in the headlights he should go get a brain dead job at Rite Aid as a cashier.

1. Gary Bryan says:

I think I’m with YOU!

18. Jeff says:

I wonder what the reaction of the parents of the offending students would have been if they had been called into the pricipal’s office and shown a video of their children’s actions.

1. Gary Bryan says:

The other parents probably would have sued the school for defaming their kids!

19. Beverly says:

I am sorry my buttons do not say “yes” or “no” so I am posting my vote here – I think that he was in the right, I think that the bus driver should be held responsible for all the actions; the way the kids were acting and that this led to the fathers actions.

20. Jeanette Hopp says:

Granted, it was abrupt, but the bus driver is obligated to report bullying activity to the school district and even to sanction riders. The father should have contacted the district, but his daughter is disabled and should never be placed in harms way by anyone, contemporaries or anyone else. The driver was negligent and the school should have known what was happening and prevented the child from being harrassed. The father would have been negligent if he had done nothing.

21. Gloria says:

Yes, sometimes you have to take it upon yourself to say something, even after you’ve told school staff. I have a daughter who used to have a seizure disorder and was constantly made fun of whenever she’d have a seizure in class or recess time. And, to this day she’s 25yrs old she still remembers the name and words of one particular boy who used to make of fun of her. So, I can definitely relate to this parent, unless you don’t have a child with a handicap, you can’ never relate!

22. Ana says:

I believe the bus driver was not @ fault. I have woked as a School bus driver assistant & no matter what we do it is up to the parents to discipline their kids. I do not agree this dad was in the right, he became a bully himself. I truly understand his frustration, however, this was not the way to handle it. The bullying will stop when parents of the bullies put an end to it. Our society’s problem is that too many parents are trying to be theitr childs friend instead of their parent. Parents need to step up to the role of parenting. When the parents make it know to their bullies that it will not be allowed neither at home or at the school or in the bus, that’s when all of this will end.

23. Brian says:

If you were bullied as a child,you might react this way when it is your child.If you bullied as a child and this man comes to get you ,it is just desserts.The boogie man can be real..The parents of those he singled out should get some help too,from the big DAD

24. judy says:

There are anti bullying programs at many schools across the nation, and there are many programs to teach students to report these incidents to the school. There are also trainings for school bus operators. There are so many things that should have been handled differently before this all blew up. It is so sad that it had to come to this

25. Mel says:

The bus driver probably lost his good paying job and ended up being a bus driver for some kids and he probably don’t give a s***t about them anyways. But yes, the father has done the right thing and bear down on bullies. Just like Drill Sargeants in the Marines who bully you down and make you a Marine out of maggot civilian.

26. Hudson says:

I have daughter that is mentally challenged and have experienced the same thing happening to my daughter. It’s natural to want to protect the weakness. I had complained to the schools and bus service. First the school says it’s not their place to monitor the bus, it’s the bus drivers place to ensure a safe environment for the students. But bus drivers don’t want that responsibility to control the problem because bus drivers get beaten up by student that hassle other students. Right it’s up to the parents to teach their child to have respect for others. I think the best solution for the bully is to have to spend a full day with this child to see what it really is like for a child with challenges. I feel it would open up the eyes and might they become friends with each other. My oldest son and our family feel we are blessed to have Charmagne in our life. My son’s friends have become protective suragate brothers to her. She is now 34 yrs old and still have her suragate brothers taking care of her.

27. Cid Mota says:

Why did’t the bus driver not stop the bullying in the first place!! Sent him back where he came form!….This happening often in all the schools. My son (12 years) than, was bully for months. I call the school, went to see the dean, and nothing was done. So, one day, I follow my son to school for 2 days, (he didn’t know of my doing) and see who were the bullying kids, I follow the bully kids, when they were pick-up by there parents, I confirm the parents of there bully kid, It worked, never again. I agree with Mr. Jones, that’s his little girl.

28. joe janovic says:

How can you penalize the father for protecting his daughter. Some thing is wrong with America when a parent cant protect their child without being arrested. The bullies should be suspended from the bus.
    This will force the parents to be inconvienced and take responsible for brats.

29. ANNE says:

WHILE I DO NOT CONDONE THE MANNER IN WHICH HE HANDLED THE SITUATION, I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND HIS FRUSTRATION.
    ONCE HIS COMPLAINTS HAD BEEN FILED WITH THE SCHOOL AND THE BUS COMPANY, THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING TO PREVENT FUTURE BULLYING.
    THE CHILDREN INVOLVED SHOULD HAVE BEEN REPRIMANDED AND MADE TO APOLOGIZE TO HIS DAUGHTER. THEIR PARENTS SHOULD ALSO HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED AND SHOULD HAVE CALLED THE DAD TO APOLOGIZE AND REASSURE HIM THE BULLYING WOULD STOP.
    BECAUSE THE SCHOOL WAS NEGLIGENT IN MONITORING ACTIONS DONE ON SCHOOL PREMISES, THEY SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE ABUSE TO HIS DAUGHTER.
    HE SHOULD ALSO SUE THE SCHOOL FOR NOT PROTECTING HIS DAUGHTER FROM THE BULLYING, ESPECIALLY AFTER THEY WERE MADE AWARE OF THE SITUATION. IT IS AFTER ALL THEIR JOB TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF EACH CHILD WHILE ON SCHOOL PREMISES.
    BY DOING NOTHING THE SCHOOL AND THE PARENTS ARE TEACHING THEIR CHILDREN THAT IS OK TO BE INTOLERANT OF OTHERS. THAT DOES NOT BODE WELL WITH THINGS THE WAY THEY ARE IN TODAYS WORLD . IT ALSO WILL MAKE IT VERY DIFFICULT FOR THEM IN THEIR ADULT LIFE WHEN THEY ARE WORKING IN THE BUSINESS WORLD. ESPECIALLY SINCE, WITH THE ELECTRONIC AGE, THE BUSINESS WORLD IS BECOMING AN INTERNATIONAL MARKETPLACE.
    INSTEAD THEY SHOULD BE TAUGHT A MORE PRODUCTIVE WAY OF HANDLING THINGS IN THEIR LIFE THAT MAKE THEM FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE, RATHER THAN STRIKING OUT @ THEM. THEY SHOULD BE EDUCATED IN ALL OF THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS CHILDREN WITH ILLNESS HAVE TO GO THROUGH TO DEAL WITH THEIR SITUATION.
    MY LATE HUSBAND & I WERE FRIENDS WITH A YOUNG GIRL WHO ALSO HAD CP. AT 11 YEARS OLD SHE TOLD US SHE WANTED TO GET A JOB WORKING IN SPACE, BECAUSE UP THERE SHE WOULD BE NO DIFFERENT THAN ANYONE ELSE. THIS AWARENESS CAME FROM THE RIDICULE AND OSTERSIZING SHE RECEIVED FROM HER PEERS AS SHE WAS GROWING UP. SHE HAD BEEN IN 9 FULL BODY CASTS, AFTER HER CORRECTOVE SURGERIES, BY THE TIME SHE WAS 7 YEARS OLD. IN ADDITION TO DEALING WITH HER CP, HER MOM HAD DIABETES. THIS YOUNG GIRL WAS FREQUENTLY HOME ALONE WITH HER . AT AGE 7 SHE HAD TO LEARN HOW TO GIVE HER MOM THE INSULIN SHOTS, TEST HER BLOOD SUGAR, AND GIVE THE SHOTS NECESSARY TO BRING HER BLOOD SUGAR BACK UP TO NORMAL. (THERE WAS MORE THAN ONE OCCASION WHERE SHE HAD FOUND HER MOM PASSED OUT ON THE FLOOR FROM LOW BLOOD SUGAR.)
    HOW MANY OF THOSE BULLIES HAD TO TAKE ON ADULT ROLES AT THE AGE OF 7?

30. cyndie says:

I think that the bus driver is responsible for keeping control on the bus. I am a school bus driver in Ventura county for special needs children and I would have taken control and not allowed this child to be bullied. I have pulled my bus off the road to handle unruly students, I have notified their parents of their actions/behaviors.

31. Art Medina says:

Even though I know how he feels because I have a disabled son, he must control his anger at all times when any children are present. He should have gone to the proper authorities frist before taking matters into his own hands if he did not get the results that he and his daughter deserves. If he then needs to confront those who are guilty, he must do it very gently explaining how badly they are effecting his daughter especially because her condition. If that dose not work, he should go to their parents!

32. Sally says:

Oh PLEASE. Complaining to the school would have gotten NO result. It is way past time that bullies were confronted head on. This guy did the right thing.

33. Jerry says:

He went over the line. But I can feel for him and his daughter. What bothers me is that all due respect to law enforcement, the cop claims that parents never agree to have their children subjected to such behavior. What about the little girl? Did her father agree to have his daughter bullied? It seems to me that there is more than one victim here. Maybe the bully should also be arrested.

34. dh says:

I don’t blame him! He may not have handled it appropriately on the bus with the children and driver but I understand he went to the school on a couple occasions & nothing was done! I had a similar sitiation with my son and it is extremely painful to know your child is/was being abused and no one cares to do anything about it. He was enraged and I can understand that as a parent. Knowing someone was hitting, poking his daughter with a pencil & spitting on her is horrifying as a parent. He is a good father! – we need to protect our children!!!

35. Kathy says:

I saw it on Dr. Phill today. Dr. Phil sure seemed to be on his side. They made a point that the man did apologize for his actions BUT the kids or the parents haven’t apologized to him. It’s amazing that bus driver just let it go on. I agree with what he did. OK….maybe his language was too much but now those bullying kids knows what it’s like to be scared. And the ones that weren’t bullies now know how it feels.

36. connie says:

he did complain to the school…they did nothing!