It’s hard to stay active and energetic as we age. What can you do to offset the effects of aging, and keep you feeling young and pain-free?
Here are six tips to ensure strength and health as you age:
- Exercise regularly. Aerobic exercise promotes brain regeneration and wards off decline.
- Yoga. As we age, our susceptibility to falls increase. Working on our flexibility and balance helps decrease this risk.
- Strength-training. We naturally lose muscle as we age, but working out with weights will help offset that process.
- Wear sunscreen every day. Fight UV rays and wrinkles! Dermatologists agree that wearing sunscreen is the best way to ward off wrinkles.
- Floss and go to the dentist. Taking care of your teeth is important at any age! Brushing stimulates the gums, which helps to keep them healthy and prevent gum disease.
- Don’t worry, be happy. Have fun! Make time for friends and family! These are the things that lead to happiness now and always.
The key to all of these steps is sticking to what you set out to do! After all, as H.L Mencken said, “Old age ain’t no place for sissies!”
What do you do keep young and stay healthy? Let us know in comments!