The Best Lemonade
One of Summer’s best loved drinks is lemonade. There are a thousand ways to make it, but most agree that using real lemons is crucial to great taste. Personally, I don’t know how the many kinds of artificial lemonade made from canned powder(!) stay in business. It tastes disgusting, like a glass of yellow chemicals. Yuck! So, why not be a friend of real lemonade and make some up tonight?
Here’s one of many recipes for the real stuff that can be found on the web. Drink up!
- 1 cup sugar (can reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3 to 4 cups cold water (to dilute)
1. Make simple syrup by heating the sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved completely.
2. While the sugar is dissolving, use a juicer to extract the juice from 4 to 6 lemons, enough for one cup of juice.
3. Add the juice and the sugar water to a pitcher. Add 3 to 4 cups of cold water, more or less to the desired strength. Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes. If the lemonade is a little sweet for your taste, add a little more straight lemon juice to it.
Serve with ice, sliced lemons.
[Source: Simply Recipes]