How About Some Potato Salad For Memorial Day
With Memorial Day weekend here, some of you guys will be making your best picnic food. So, when it comes to Potato Salad which kind is your favorite? With Mayo or Mustard? Eggs or no Eggs? Bacon? Cheese? Crunchy or smooth?
Here’s a recipe from Southern Living for one they call awesome. And you can make it on your grill. So, check it out, and remember, it doesn’t really feel like Memorial Day without some Potato Salad.
Keep reading for the yummy recipe!
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar*
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Place potatoes in a single layer in center of a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bring up foil sides over potatoes; double fold top and side edges to seal, making 1 large packet.
2. Grill potatoes, in foil packet, covered with grill lid, 15 minutes on each side. Remove packet from grill. Carefully open packet, using tongs, and let potatoes cool 5 minutes.
3. Whisk together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add potatoes, tossing gently to coat. Stir in onion, blue cheese, and bacon.
*Balsamic vinegar may be substituted but will darken the color of the dressing.
[Source: Southern Living]