Conan O’ Brien gave his first public interview to “60 Minutes” yesterday. It was the first day he was allowed to give an interview as was in his contract since being ousted as the host of the “Tonight Show” earlier this year. O’ Brien told Steve Kroft of “60 minutes” that the whole ordeal has been incomprehensible for him and it’s going to take him a long time to process it.
Unfortunately his contract still prohibits him from saying anything too negative about NBC, so without actually saying, he hints that he got screwed. I think a lot of people would agree with that. Conan starts his new show with TBS in the fall.
Brett Michael’s Recovering Faster Than Expected
This morning, doctors indicated that Brett Michael’s strong desire to live is helping him recover. Doctors at St Joseph’s hospital in Arizona are treating the “Celebrity Apprentice” star for a brain hemorrhage. The 47-year-old who is now speaking, says he lived because he didn’t want his family to see him lying on the floor unconscious.
Doctors say that his voice is still strained and his vision is blurred, but that he may be healthy enough to appear on the live finale of “The Celebrity Apprentice,” which is May 23rd. Doctors also indicate that he may be well enough to go back on tour with his band May 26th. All of us here at K-EARTH are ecstatic that his condition has gotten so much better.
David Letterman Makes The Talk Show Circuit
On Friday, Late Night funny man David Letterman made his first rounds on the talk show circuit since the revelations about his personal life came out last year. He made an appearance on “Regis and Kelly,” and of course Regis asked him about his recent troubles at home. Also he asked Dave his thoughts on the Late Night battle between Conan and Jay. David seemed to take the high road and only stated that he is happy that Conan is coming back on tv.